cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several problems with EPIC in the last few weeks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not sure what happened, but in the past few weeks several features on my EPIC 4G have stopped working right.

1.  The Google caledar will no longer sync from my computer to the phone.

2.  The screen no longer turns on when the keyboard is opened.

3.  The screen no longer auto-rotates on the home screen.

4.  With the keyboard open, the on-screen touch keyboard started coming on, too.  Now, I cannot see the screen as I type.  This is the whole reason for having a slide out keyboard.

I called my local Sprint Service Center and they suggested a hard reset.  This did not work, just removed all my apps.  I have had the phone about a year and a half (replaced once due to a company error) and this is the first time these problems have occurred.

Any other ideas?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Master

I am sorry to hear you are having this series of problems. Did the store connect the device to a machine and test the phone? The SLATE machine they use tests the software and hardware of the device and identifies failures. That is the next step and if it is found to be defective it would be replaced. The hard reset put the phone back to the base software of your device. The store can also reload the base software which would perhaps resolve the issue. We can't assume the version of base software on your device is without error. If your device needs to be replaced if you have TEP there is no charge and if you didn't there would be a $35.00 charge.

Lary ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I am going to take it in tomorrow to be checked.  I have insurance so replacement will not be an issue.  I hope they can fix it.  I use my phone for EVERYTHING!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat