cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since GB update I'm unable to restart Epic via key combo...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else having this issue?

Before updating to GB I was able to do so via vol dwn, pwr, and camera.  Now nothing...

Ive tried everything...it's as if this was disabled during the update.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

euphgirl3,

I've seen another person reporting this as well, it sounds like a possible mapping issue after the update. I saw you post you rooted your phone earlier, are you still unable to restart it via hard keys since rooting?

Journeyman

Yup not able to restart anymore via key combo even after rooting. :-/

Wizard

euphgirl3,

Ok, I'll try to see if I can find any other reports of this and also speak with our device group because I don't see any investigations or open issues reporting this. This method for rebooting should still be able to be performed even after the update.

Journeyman

There is one other user unable to perform this function also.  It's on the GPS thread.

Wizard

Yup, that's who I was referencing in my above post. I was reading through the GPS thread earlier and made the connection to your post, that's why I was curious if rooting it changed anything because when button functions stop working after software updates it can be because of mapping issues. It will probably be next week before I'm able to speak with someone in our device group about this because of the holiday.

Journeyman

Thank you for looking into this matter; I appreciate it.  Have a good weekend.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat