cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since upgrade I can't log into my emails.

Journeyman

Since upgrade I can't log into my emails.

I am about as fricking irritated with this phone as a person could be. Ever since the software update, I have had one issue after another. I have came to this community and read a lot of things and have managed to fix most of them myself. However, my issue now is, I had to change my password on my GMail account and my AOL account, now it will not let me log in, I get a error message, therefore I am recieving none of my emails on my phone. Does anyone have any information on this? I would really appreciate it.

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Since upgrade I can't log into my emails.

Have you updated the password on the  phone   For aol   Mail> menu >more> account settings  Incoming server.

similar on the  gmail

Journeyman

Whenever i try and log in with the "new" pw, it first tells me i have the wrong pw or user name, which I don't, if I try it again, it gives me an error message of some sort.

Master

on the gmail account  if you try to log into it  from a computer does it let you sign right in or does it present you with a little box with some compressed letters ?  same for AOL.

the full error message you are getting wuld be helpful as well

Journeyman

(535 5.7.8 Error:

authentication failed:

authentication failure)    That is the error message     

When I log into Gmail or Aol from the computer, it just logs in normally

Journeyman

My Gmail finally is working, and its going to the GMail folder on my phone, however the folder with the green @ that says email, I can't get gmail or aol set up in there, and they use to both be in there.

Master

you may want to try a mail app lilke k9 mail ans see if that resolves the problem  As using the gmail in the gmail appplication restored that service

Journeyman

What is K9 App?

Texyy, K9 is a 3rd party application that can be downloaded off the market and is another email application. Are you using the gmail Icon for your gmail? If so there is no reason to use the mail icon for that. As far as your AOL i suggest to remove and readd the email and see if that works.

Journeyman

Gmail is working fine through my Gmail envelope on my phone, its my AOL that I can't get to work on my phone. I did remove and I am trying to re-add and it won't let me   I really don't want to add yet another App for something to work if at all possible. Any other suggestions?  Thanks so much for your time.

Texyy

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat