cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow screen change between portrait & landscape

Journeyman

Anyone seeing a delay when you try to get the screen back in portrait mode.  Often I have to hold the phone upright (between 45-90 degrees) before it switches.  I've tried horizontal calibration, no help (tried with screen up and screen down).

Also finding that applications (not games) will start up in horizontal mode when I've been working in portrait.  It seems to take them 5-10 seconds (plus often lifting up to eye level, 90 degrees) before it switches to portrait.

VERY ANNOYED at this point... anyone else having similar issues?

Running FROYO 2.2, all latest updates from Sprint as of 5/9/11.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

I have too!! It seems to take its sweet time from switching vertically (because I use the slideout keypad not the screen) to horizontally when texting!!?? Its annoying how can this be fixed is it a issue with my cell?

Journeyman

Among all the problems that I had with my Epic after the update this is the only that I could not fix, and also the most annoying one. Specially if I'm in a hurry to use my phone. And the more icons you have in your home screen the longer it will take to load the icons. I had to install another launcher (Launcher pro) which I don't like it, to try solve the problem. I looked everywhere on the internet but could not find a solution for that. I really hope they solve that soon.

Journeyman

Noticed this as well.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat