Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So disappointed

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

So disappointed

My husband and I both purchased Samsung Epics February 19, 2011. Today, four days shy of four months, my screen goes blank... No reason. Just quit working.... Grrr.... To make matters worse now I have to spend $100 to replace it... Anyone else have this issue with the Epic??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

HI Lola-

Thanks for the information. If you have TEP on your phone and the screen isn't physically broken, you can take the phone to a Sprint repair center and they would be able to determine if the screen just needs to be replaced.  This is one of the benefits of your TEP, I would certainly take advantage of this before spending $100 to receive a new phone.  I understand that you have already placed an order with Asurion, but if our repair center can replace the screen, you can call Asurion back at 1.800.584.3666and cancel your claim and save the cost of the deductible.  You can locate the closest repair center with the following link: http://sprint.com/storelocator

Let me know what else I can help with.

Thanks

David

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Lola -

I really am sorry to hear about your phone. Can you please let me know what has been done so far? You mention this $100 to replace it, where did you get this information from? Have you done the basics such as remove the battery for a few minutes?  Do you have TEP? I just need a little more information and we may have a better solution for you.

Thanks

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi David.

Yes, I have a TEP. That is why it only cost $100. I filed a claim with Asurion today for it. Yes, I did the turned the phone off for a couple of minutes. Turned it back on an nothing. Then I took the battery out and let it sit for about a half hour and still nothing. Even though there is a blank screen the phone will still ring and I can answer it.

Highlighted
Wizard

HI Lola-

Thanks for the information. If you have TEP on your phone and the screen isn't physically broken, you can take the phone to a Sprint repair center and they would be able to determine if the screen just needs to be replaced.  This is one of the benefits of your TEP, I would certainly take advantage of this before spending $100 to receive a new phone.  I understand that you have already placed an order with Asurion, but if our repair center can replace the screen, you can call Asurion back at 1.800.584.3666and cancel your claim and save the cost of the deductible.  You can locate the closest repair center with the following link: http://sprint.com/storelocator

Let me know what else I can help with.

Thanks

David

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank You David. I will head out to the Sprint store right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing happened to me but within the first 8 weeks, I am now on my 3rd epic and its only been 6 months.  Samsung has a 1 year manufactures warranty, and my 3 phones have fallen under that. I paid to much money for me to be spending more on the phone that i didn't break.    Most people arent aware of the 1 year warraanty, and Lord knows Sprint isn't gonna tell you.  You can call customer service, and they should be able to send you another one without you going to the storee.  Hope this helped.

Jamie

Highlighted
Wizard

millertime6852 wrote:

Same thing happened to me but within the first 8 weeks, I am now on my 3rd epic and its only been 6 months.  Samsung has a 1 year manufactures warranty, and my 3 phones have fallen under that. I paid to much money for me to be spending more on the phone that i didn't break.    Most people arent aware of the 1 year warraanty, and Lord knows Sprint isn't gonna tell you.  You can call customer service, and they should be able to send you another one without you going to the storee.  Hope this helped.

Jamie

That's extremely unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that!  We always like for people to have their phone looked at by a repair technician in these cases in the hopes we can get it fixed there on the spot.  Also, the warranty is through the manufacturer (Samsung). We do offer an 'advanced exchange' program that allows for defective phones within warranty to be swapped out and over-night shipped if ordered before 2pm CST to speed up the process it normally takes when replacing through the manufacturer.  As long as the phone is not physically damaged, there is no cost for the swap as long as you have TEP, if you do not have TEP, there is a $35 charge for shipping/handling costs.

In Lola's case, an in-store repair is her best option as she should be able to retain her original device and have it up and working again tonight instead of shipping out tomorrow and getting a remanufactured replacement phone on Friday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to the Sprint Store nearest my house (yay!). Unfortunately I will be without a phone until Friday BUT fortunately it was covered and the replacement will cost $0!! I guess I can snag my daughter's phone for the day.. LOL

Thank you so much for you help David. Without you I would be $100 poorer!

Highlighted
Wizard

LOLA_P wrote:

I went to the Sprint Store nearest my house (yay!). Unfortunately I will be without a phone until Friday BUT fortunately it was covered and the replacement will cost $0!! I guess I can snag my daughter's phone for the day.. LOL

Thank you so much for you help David. Without you I would be $100 poorer!

Terrific! Very happy to hear they were able to get you taken care of.  Just to make sure - did you call Asurion and cancel your pending exchange?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I did.. Let me just say that the customer service at my Sprint Store was awesome... As for the customer service iwth Asurion, well hopefully I won't need to use them again. The guy had a bad attitude and gave me a hard time. Told me that I still have to pay the $100 fee and it would be refunded within two billing cycles... Geesh it didn't take them two billing cycles to charge me..

I have to say that I have never had an issue with Sprint... My husband has had Sprint service for years... I used to be a customer of another service... Sprint rocks!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat