Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many issues with this new update!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

So many issues with this new update!

I received the prompt yesterday to download the new update!! Ok fine no problem did that and it went through without any issues.. I took a look and could notice some subtle changes to my screen. Some icons looked a little briter. Some additions like the Sprint ID. Ok fine but then this is when the problems began! Now when I receive an email I get this annoying music playing not my normal tone that I had set.. And how about the annoying noise plays also while on calls even through my bluetooth!!! SMH!!  Then to add insult to injury when I go to my settings to change this tone for my notifications its greyed out and cant be changed!!! Nor can I change the ringtone for voice calls either! It's greyed out as well!!! Come on Sprint what is going on? And how long now will you make me wait for a fix?

Anyone got any quick solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok I contacted sprint and so easy to fix one issue I almost felt embarrased.. Ok the issue with the voice calls and notifications being greyed out.. Go into settings and click onto sounds.. once into sounds click onto volume.. check to see if media, system, and notification volume are up.. If not turn them up even if just a little. Then the voice and notifications will no longer be greyed out.. The update doesn't remove the ringtones you, they are still there, however if you had certain ones that were assigned to certain callers you may have to re-do that.. Now as far as the music that plays in your ear even when getting a call from notifications apprently this was a problem that existed already with this phone and some of us are just experiencing it for the first time with the update.. Good news is that there is a fix for it.. Bad news is that you have to take it to a sprint repair center to have it downloaded... I hope that this helps everyone!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same exact problem. The only way I found to turn off the phone was to silence it in the Sound section of Settings. I put it into Silent Mode. Sprint needs to fix this - soon!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a similar issue.  When I went into settings to change my ringtone settings the names of the ringtones didn't correspond to the correct songs.  Clicking on a title for my notification sound would play a song, or even an mp3 on the SD card.  I simply deleted all of them and redownloaded and it works now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My ringtones seem to be intact, but I think I managed to fix it. I know there's probably an easier way to do this, but I played each ringtone, then picked and set one, and now the crazy, annoying music seems to have stopped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you have an app like ringdroid it kinda conflicts or at least did for me.  When I got my first txt this morning instead of what I had set I got "Helena" by nickelcreek. I just had to go back into settings and select what I had before.  Upgrade seems to be working but somethings like alarms and alerts and ringtones just need to be redone.  Was able to clear some space as well as timer app no longer necessary as built into clock, some bloatware attached but price you pay for new services. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

well, my fix didn't work - the "music" has returned. I'm not sure what you mean by redoing my alarms, alerts and ringtones. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok I contacted sprint and so easy to fix one issue I almost felt embarrased.. Ok the issue with the voice calls and notifications being greyed out.. Go into settings and click onto sounds.. once into sounds click onto volume.. check to see if media, system, and notification volume are up.. If not turn them up even if just a little. Then the voice and notifications will no longer be greyed out.. The update doesn't remove the ringtones you, they are still there, however if you had certain ones that were assigned to certain callers you may have to re-do that.. Now as far as the music that plays in your ear even when getting a call from notifications apprently this was a problem that existed already with this phone and some of us are just experiencing it for the first time with the update.. Good news is that there is a fix for it.. Bad news is that you have to take it to a sprint repair center to have it downloaded... I hope that this helps everyone!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Somehow I managed to get rid of the music. I don't know which of these steps (or all of them) worked but here's what I did: I shut down and restarted the phone. Then i went into Settings > Sounds > Volume, and I moved the volume sliders around a bit, as suggested by lilbabe0331, and that was about 20 minutes ago, and the music hasn't returned. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Figured out a very simple way to get rid of the stupid song that plays constantly, even as background music during calls.  Apparently the update has faulted this song as your new notification tone (though your phone will display that you have your original tone. You can verify this by adjusting the volume of your notification tone and you will hear the song play.

To fix this do the following:

Go to Settings> Sound> Notification Ringtone.

Change your ringtone from whatever it is set to to some other ringtone and then change it back.  Whaa Laa - you have fixed the problem.

After doing this every phone in our office quit playing the song, problem is, now I kinda miss it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have problem with GPS locking for my location - " Waiting for location " takes long time about 3 min or more sometimes  and after still not showing correctly address for my location ..

Also battery drain looks like faster as before if even do not use any apps .. I didnt had this problems with GPS in 2.1. I did tryed to restart but still same !  Anyone here have same ??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I regret having updated my software. The process was quick but damn, my battery was eaten alive! I went from a full charge to receiving notice that I needed to charge the battery and my phone died. WTF?

Once I charged it I was able to explore the updates - new icons, a couple of new applications, all cool BUT my phone is slooooow to respond to my commands and is continually freezing up.

If you haven't followed through with the installation, good! DON'T DO IT!

Highlighted

If you are having issues after the update, unfortunately the best thing to do is a factory reset. You will loose everything that isn't on your SD card, but it will probably fix any slow or freezing problems.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat