cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sound Problem

Help! Has anyone experience problems with the sound coming from their Epic? This morning my Epic sounds were distorted and crackly. All of the sounds - notifications, ringing, music etc. It's like the speaker shorted out. I downloaded a couple apps last night. Uninstalled them, didn't help. Power cycled several times, didn't help. Just did a hard reset, didn't help. Lost all of my data after the reset of course. I figured that I will have to replace the phone anyway so I did it. Tell me if anyone has any ideas before the phone goes back.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Sound Problem

Mine suffered this same problem earlier today. Tried power cycling as well with not positive results. Randomly started doing this after my phone had been in my pocket for about 30 minutes.

Journeyman

I've been having this issue for a while and I thought mine was the only one. Did you every fix your issue?

Journeyman

This definitely shouldn't happen and I haven't heard of this being a known issue.  I also have an Epic and have not experienced this issue.  I recommend taking it into a local repair center to have it looked at.  This could be just a faulty device.

Journeyman

I thought so too. I contacted the tech-support and they suggested to take the phone to a nearest store for check up.

I took it in and they fixed it in an hour. Now it's got an awesome sound. 

Message was edited by: robbiedoo2001

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  Suddenly it stopped working.  I don't know why.  Took the battery and sd card out. Restarted it like a million times. I don't know what to do. And the problem is that I can't find a way to back up my contacts to my gmail account. what can I do?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat