cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issues with the Epic

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sound issues with the Epic

so i just got my Samsung Epic 4g in the mail today (already love it) but i've run into a problem already.

I went to use Fring to webchat and i could hear the other person(who has the Iphone 4G for AT&T) but they couldnt hear me and there was a lag.

I then tried to chat using the Qik app with someone else who has the EVO and ran into the same problem.(i could hear them but they couldnt hear me)

As a test i then tried to record, twice, a video with the phones camera. the video's quality was awesome BUT there was no audio. and when playing a video off Youtube the sound worked fine.

I know the phone just came out yesterday and there will be a few bugs but i saw the Fring video before the phone came out and there was no problem.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Besides that its a very cool phone already.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Sound issues with the Epic

In order to speak you should press the Talk button on the left. Once you're done talking the let the button go. Hope it helps.

Journeyman

I came across the same issue with Qik video chat.  There was no sound, but when I recorded a video message the sound was fine.  I'll take the advice and try to use the talk button, that i didn't notice and let you know if it works..........Please post if it works for you.  By the way I'm loving my new Epic!  This probably won't help, but just to let you know someone else was having the same sound issues.

Journeyman

yes, it works for me. also, if u have more than 1 phone number listed u won't be able to use the qik.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat