Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Evo Hotspot

Go to solution
Highlighted
Patron

Sprint Evo Hotspot

Can you add the Hotspot online yourself or do you have to call in??? I know it's $30 extra a month. As long as I don't have to have it added to my contract, I wouldn't mind trying it for a month. I just don't know if I'd use it enough to have it for 2 years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Sprint Evo Hotspot

Yes, You can add/remove it from your account page. "My Account>Change My Services>Mobile HotSpot". Also you do not need to have it activated for a full month if you don't want to, You can add/remove it on an as needed bases and only pay for the days activated, About $1 per/day.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Sprint Evo Hotspot

Yes, You can add/remove it from your account page. "My Account>Change My Services>Mobile HotSpot". Also you do not need to have it activated for a full month if you don't want to, You can add/remove it on an as needed bases and only pay for the days activated, About $1 per/day.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Patron

Sprint Evo Hotspot

I found out that you can do it yourself and add and remove as needed, however, you will be charged for the entire month even if you use it for just one day. I have the bill to prove it. It's ok, but I wish that it would have only cost me for the 3 days I used it. Let me know if this was incorrect and I'll call them about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Evo Hotspot

Did you deactivate it after the 3 days?  Or did you just use it for three days?  Sprint usually pro-rates things that you change but you would need to activate it online... try it out for a few days... and then manually deactivate it to get the pro-rated rate, I assume... let me know because I have always wanted to try it and didn't want to get locked into $30 bucks.  Also, if a Tech could answer - does a customer's discount automatically apply to the hot spot feature?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Sprint Evo Hotspot

NVP discounts, or National Volume Pricing (discounts from companies) will not apply to the mobile hotspot plan. From our knowledge base,

• Effective 8/1/10, NVP discounts no longer apply to add-on services with a monthly recurring charge of $29.99 or less (examples include but not limited to: Messaging Add-ons, Data Packs, Data Premier).

And to also address the confusion on proration regarding adding services via sprint.com. For services needed immediately like most add-ons (i.e. Mobile Hotspot), these will prorate and begin billing same day. However, when removing these same add-ons via sprint.com, there is no option to remove "same day" because we're assuming the customer wants this as a change for the next bill cycle, we've already billed the customer, and the customer gets to use the service through the end of their billing cycle. As a result, the add-on will be removed at the end of the billing cycle. When calling customer care to remove an add-on, the customer can specify removal for same day meaning the service will stop immediately and the add-on will be prorated for days used with details appearing on the next bill.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Highlighted
Master

tomdeaver, That is incorrect. From day one we have been able to add/remove the HotSpot from our account pages and only be charged for the days activated. I know for a fact I've done it many times in the year I've owned my Evo and never once been charged up untill the billing cycle end date.

JHLEM111 Call Sprint and ask to be credited as you should not have been charged more then the day(s) you hadit activated. Better yet email sprintcares@sprint.com and they will fix it for you.

Highlighted
Patron

Ok, Levi4u. The email has been sent. I really hope they take that extra $27 off my bill. Thanks for the info and email address.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Informative thread, but Why is this listed under "Samsung Epic"??

Highlighted
Patron

Here's the reply I received:

...for general information purposes, you can add our HotSpot feature to your services for $29.99 per month and it is not typically prorated if you cancel this feature mid-cycle.

it sounds like i'm stuck for the full $30. oh well. I actually thought that sounded too good to be true. I would think they would charge closer to $2/day for that service.

Highlighted
Master

That is still incorrect, I as well as hundreds of customers have done it many times over the year and only been charged for the days activated, It's posted all over this forum. I've reached out and am trying to get you some help.

Highlighted
Master

To Levi4u, it was not my intent to say that JHLEM111 doesn't deserve an adjustment, in fact, they can private message by clicking on my avatar with their name and Sprint phone number and I can definitely discuss an adjustment.  I was merely pointing out that the website assumes any removal of an add-on as a "next cycle" change and therefore doesn't prorate.  Unfortunately, I do not have a consumer account so I am unable to actually test this.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is there an option when removing a service via sprint.com to specify to remove it "today", "immediately", or something to that effect? 

Highlighted
Master

http://community.sprint.com/baw/people/tomdeaver, No there is no remove today or immediately option, Just an option to add/remove. I have done it many times, 3 or 4 times in a month before and was only charged for the days activated. I deal with a lot of Sprint customers and receive copys of every post made on this forum and visit many other forums, this is the first time I've ever seen a customer get charged for the full month when only having it activated for a few days.

What bothers me the most is this customer corresponded with 2 different reps and was told incorrect info, Also not once did either offer an adjustment.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat