cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G coming before the holiday season

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G coming before the holiday season

Sprint announced yesterday that the samsung galaxy S will be coming to sprint as the Epic 4G before the holiday season.   The phone is identical to the one leaked earlier this month and will have a 4G radio to use the WiMax data network.  Here are the specs:  1Ghz Samsung Cortex A8 "Hummingbird" Processor 4 Inch Super AMOLED Display (Capacitive) Android 2.1 w/ Android 2.2 coming very soon after launch or at launch 3G/4G Hotspot 5 Megapixel camera w/ auto focus and 720p video recording LED flash VGA front facing camera 3.5mm headset jack 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 5 row slide out qwerty keyboard 6 axis motion sensor  However, worldwide support is noticeably lacking as the tipster who leaked this model stated there was a sim slot.  Also could this be the M910? I don't think so because this is slated for a later release than the leaked roadmap stated.   Check out the http://now.sprint.com/epic4g/

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Where did you see them say "before the holiday season"?   That makes it sound like a Q4 release.  Usually the official PR pre-dates the launch by about 6-weeks.   I was thinking August timeframe.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It will probably be around august and september.  Justdidnt want to get  any hopes up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are 4 versions of the Galaxy S phone coming out, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T...  AT&T is releasing thier's on July 18th, T-Mobile Vibrant will be on the July 15th ~ and looks like Verizon might be on the verge of confirming the "Fascinate" release date. 

I don't see Spring lagging behind all the competition with a 3rd or 4th Qtr release of the Epic.  Hoping they will jump ahead of everyone to release the Epic 1st, if not, at least in the next 2 weeks.

Also have seen in the last couple days that the Epic will be released with 2.1, to be upgraded to Froyo 2.2 later... also makes me hopeful for a much earlier release date...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, theres 5 http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-6452_7-447.html including the best of the line up, the one with a keyboard, duel cameras and sprint 4G!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat