cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G coming before the holiday season

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G coming before the holiday season

Sprint announced yesterday that the samsung galaxy S will be coming to sprint as the Epic 4G before the holiday season.   The phone is identical to the one leaked earlier this month and will have a 4G radio to use the WiMax data network.  Here are the specs:  1Ghz Samsung Cortex A8 "Hummingbird" Processor 4 Inch Super AMOLED Display (Capacitive) Android 2.1 w/ Android 2.2 coming very soon after launch or at launch 3G/4G Hotspot 5 Megapixel camera w/ auto focus and 720p video recording LED flash VGA front facing camera 3.5mm headset jack 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 5 row slide out qwerty keyboard 6 axis motion sensor  However, worldwide support is noticeably lacking as the tipster who leaked this model stated there was a sim slot.  Also could this be the M910? I don't think so because this is slated for a later release than the leaked roadmap stated.   Check out the http://now.sprint.com/epic4g/

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Samsung Epic 4G coming before the holiday season

Where did you see them say "before the holiday season"?   That makes it sound like a Q4 release.  Usually the official PR pre-dates the launch by about 6-weeks.   I was thinking August timeframe.

Journeyman

It will probably be around august and september.  Justdidnt want to get  any hopes up.

Journeyman

There are 4 versions of the Galaxy S phone coming out, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T...  AT&T is releasing thier's on July 18th, T-Mobile Vibrant will be on the July 15th ~ and looks like Verizon might be on the verge of confirming the "Fascinate" release date. 

I don't see Spring lagging behind all the competition with a 3rd or 4th Qtr release of the Epic.  Hoping they will jump ahead of everyone to release the Epic 1st, if not, at least in the next 2 weeks.

Also have seen in the last couple days that the Epic will be released with 2.1, to be upgraded to Froyo 2.2 later... also makes me hopeful for a much earlier release date...

Journeyman

Actually, theres 5 http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-6452_7-447.html including the best of the line up, the one with a keyboard, duel cameras and sprint 4G!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat