cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Pro w/ 4G, 1Ghz "Hummingbird" Processor, Front-facing camera

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Pro w/ 4G, 1Ghz "Hummingbird" Processor, Front-facing camera

Some new pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S Pro in the wild have emerged today along with some additional information about this phone, that should be coming to Sprint soon.  Sprint may also be trying to snap up 2nd place for a 4G phone in USA.

Here's some specs:

Sprint 4G WiMax Radio

Android 2.1 w/ Touch Wiz 3.0 UI

Super AMOLED Display

1Ghz "Hummingbird" proccessor

512MB RAM & ROM

5MP Camera w/ LED flash

VGA/1.3MP Front facing camera for video chat

Most likely be attached to Sprint's $10 "Premium" Data Fee which shouldn't be a problem since this is is definitely looking better then the rumored Samsung Moment 2  The Samsung Galaxy S Pro is also rumored to be launched with a non-sliding companion, the Samsung Galaxy S w/ 3G.

Anyone excited the EVO will now have someone to hang with?

2-401x540.png3-407x540.png11-405x540.png

Source: http://androidcommunity.com/exclusive-more-pictures-of-the-galaxy-s-pro-20100614

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Pro w/ 4G, 1Ghz "Hummingbird" Processor, Front-facing camera

i am waiting for the standard galaxy s to come mainly because i really don't want the keyboard, and 4g capable phone because i am not in a 4g area and don't want to pay an extra $10 a month for a feature i won't even use. i would be happy if they put a flash on the standard galaxy s coming out

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Pro w/ 4G, 1Ghz "Hummingbird" Processor, Front-facing camera

Hopefully the Standard Galaxy S will show up shortly before my 30 day exchange windows runs out. I just got the HTC Hero over the weekend and it's very SLOW! =( I'll probably switch it out for the Moment if nothing else comes out before then. I thought strongly about getting the EVO but I don't desire to fork out the extra $10 per month for it.

Wizard

CyberJTH wrote:

Hopefully the Standard Galaxy S will show up shortly before my 30 day exchange windows runs out. I just got the HTC Hero over the weekend and it's very SLOW! =( I'll probably switch it out for the Moment if nothing else comes out before then. I thought strongly about getting the EVO but I don't desire to fork out the extra $10 per month for it.

I had the Hero before the EVO. I can tell you that I am not doing back to the Hero.

I don't like the extra $10 but I am happy with the EVO. I am sure the $10 extra will apply to Galaxy S Pro with 4G

Journeyman

The $10 extra per month is very reasonable if you live in a 4G area, and is still not a deal breaker/unreasonable in a 3G area.  Check this: http://shop.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/   With the "Premium Data" you have unlimited data, unlike ATT's 2GB cap and Verizon's 5GB cap.  Sprint needs a way to fund the build out of their 4G network and this is one way that they can collect money to push into Clearwire.  The EVO w/ the $79.99 "Everything Data Plan" is a great deal w/ anymobile-anytime.  With the majority of phones being mobile's this is a great plan.

Wizard

what is the possibility that both the standard galaxy s and the s pro coming to sprint?  anyone heard from trusted rumor (is that oxymoron?) when either or both becoming available?

i'd like to get my hands on an evo, but would like to do it so that i can swap it for a galaxy within the 30-day trial period, just in case.  thanks.

Wizard

From the specs, I see that Galaxy Pro will be a world phone!

Other radios: EVDO Rev. A./Wimax. Additional SIM card  slot points to possible World phone

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-pro-specs-begin-emerge

I will be interesting to see the final specs to know for sure

Wizard

wifi g/n, with 4" super amoled and the rest quite similar to the evo, and obviously the slide out qwerty.  reminds me of the hero and moment comparison.  i have a feeling sprint is going that route again, that means the non-slide out keyboard version of samsung galaxy is not coming to sprint.

wow, it's going to be a hard decision between the evo and the galaxy pro (easy for those opposed of slider keyboard).  i just wish i know when the galaxy will be available.

Journeyman

I think that sprint is looking to expand their portfolio of android devices and therefore will have both the samsung galaxy s pro and the samsung galaxy.  They will both most likely be redounded just as the htc evo was, (it was the supersonic before).  The build quality will also most likely improve as it comes out of the prototype stage.    If rumors are true we should be seeing this before the holiday season.  However if you want an evo before then, you could probably just get one and then when the samsung galaxy s pro comes out or it's equivalent you could sell your eve on ebay and then buy the galaxy s pro only having to pay around 100 bucks more for the galaxy pro.

Journeyman

I just saw your post regarding the article at android central saying that there is a sim slot.  This is awesome!  Sprint has always had very low unlimited worldwide data ($40).  I will pick this up in a second, because I travel a lot and would love the functionality of a worldwide android phone.

Wizard

dman244 wrote:

I just saw your post regarding the article at android central saying that there is a sim slot.  This is awesome!  Sprint has always had very low unlimited worldwide data ($40).  I will pick this up in a second, because I travel a lot and would love the functionality of a worldwide android phone.

That's what they should have done with EVO (make it world phone), but they have short vision and made it pure CDMA/WiMax

It's good that Samsung is getting it right. I am not a fan of Samsung phone because of bad experience with my 2 Samsung Ace but I am keeping up with the Galaxy Pro

Journeyman

Does anyone know when is this phone is coming out?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat