cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Pro w/ 4G, 1Ghz "Hummingbird" Processor, Front-facing camera

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S Pro w/ 4G, 1Ghz "Hummingbird" Processor, Front-facing camera

Some new pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S Pro in the wild have emerged today along with some additional information about this phone, that should be coming to Sprint soon.  Sprint may also be trying to snap up 2nd place for a 4G phone in USA.

Here's some specs:

Sprint 4G WiMax Radio

Android 2.1 w/ Touch Wiz 3.0 UI

Super AMOLED Display

1Ghz "Hummingbird" proccessor

512MB RAM & ROM

5MP Camera w/ LED flash

VGA/1.3MP Front facing camera for video chat

Most likely be attached to Sprint's $10 "Premium" Data Fee which shouldn't be a problem since this is is definitely looking better then the rumored Samsung Moment 2  The Samsung Galaxy S Pro is also rumored to be launched with a non-sliding companion, the Samsung Galaxy S w/ 3G.

Anyone excited the EVO will now have someone to hang with?

2-401x540.png3-407x540.png11-405x540.png

Source: http://androidcommunity.com/exclusive-more-pictures-of-the-galaxy-s-pro-20100614

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Wizard

The phone just passed FCC

http://www.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-passes-fcc

From the rumor mill it's coming out some time in 08/2010

Here is the link to an email I received from Sprint about it. I am sure it's very close

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Samsung Epic 4G should launch on August 20th, 2010.  On the Samsung Support page it states the Samsung Epic 4G Episode 1 will air, look here  The Samsung Vibrant Episode 1 aired on July 21, 2010 the day of the launch, the Samsung Captivate Episode 1 aired on July 19th, 2010 one day after the launch online.  So we should see it launch on August 20th, give or take a day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if the Epic will have a Bluetooth-linked voice dialing app?  My BB Curve 8330 has that and I love it.  If voice dialing isn't included, I'll have to rethink my plans to upgrade to the Epic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And one more question:  Will the Epic be a "World Phone", capable of roaming to a GSM network when out of the US?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@schendlinger1:  Most likely, the Epic won't support bluetooth voice-dialing at launch, unless it is part of a Samsung tweak.  Android 2.1 doesn't support bluetooth voice dialing directly, but it is included with Android 2.2.  So, although it won't be available right when you get the device, it will be available soon (assuming Samsung sticks to their promise of a quick update to 2.2.)

Message was edited by: BrentM73

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.  That's good to know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ooops - I went back and saw the comment about the Epic being a World Phone because there's a SIM card slot.  I think I know the answer, but does "having a SIM card slot" automatically mean it has a GSM radio?

Highlighted
Wizard

schendlinger1 wrote:

Ooops - I went back and saw the comment about the Epic being a World Phone because there's a SIM card slot.  I think I know the answer, but does "having a SIM card slot" automatically mean it has a GSM radio?

Not necessarily...the Galaxy S line will be released in both GSM and CDMA versions.  The SIM card slot may just be used in the GSM version and there may be no "world phone" capability.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy S, the Epic 4G will not be a world phone.  This was an unconfirmed rumor at the time and the source was either incorrect or that feature did not make it into the final version.  It would be awesome though to have a Sprint Android phone with World roaming capabilities, that $40 unlimited worldwide data is awesome.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the information but i do have one more question do you know how much is it going to be? is the same price as the HTC Evo?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It will be the same price as the EVO, $199 with $100 mail-in rebate.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Updated price being @ 249.99, after $100 mail in rebate....... $350 outta pocket? Not sure if it's woth it, considering all the newly released Smartphones? Especially with known issues with completing the rebate process.

Have one on pre-order, not sure if I am goin to pick it up. I am still under my 30 days, unsure at this point!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat