cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint just gave me a DG27 build? Too old?

Journeyman

After the lastest update, my phone's hot spot would not work properly.  No matter what computer I was on, I could not get pages to load properly.  Sprint did a hard reset twice and then had me call a Sprint number and take out my battery while they did something.  The phone still didn't work.

They pulled an old phone from the back that has a DG27 build.  Will that be a problem when the new update actually comes out?  I seem to remember that only those with the build ending in 18 got the 13 update.

By the way, the DG27 still has some problems, but MUCH better than my other phone with the latest update.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Should I try to get them to update this phone to at least the previous update, the one ending in 18, or should I ask for a phone with the next to the latest update?

Journeyman

Re: Sprint just gave me a DG27 build? Too old?

tirvine wrote:

Should I try to get them to update this phone to at least the previous update, the one ending in 18, or should I ask for a phone with the next to the latest update?

In my opinion YES! Have them update it or get another.

If I'm not mistaken DG27 has to be upgraded to DI07 first, Then upgraded from DI07 to DI18  Once you get to DI18 you will be ready for the OTA EB13 or any later version. I could be wrong on this though.

Journeyman

My God, what generation is that thing?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You will need to take it to sprint support for the update if you want it in a timely fashion.

Journeyman

I got the DI07 build today, without leaving home.    My phone is model SPH-D700, would that make a difference in the appearance of things?  When I got the build on my phone that had the DI18, the chat had green or something and there were other areas that seemed, colorful?  This time my phone looks exactly the same.

Journeyman

Weird, so I got updated automatically to the DI07 today, but not to the newest EC05?  So I guess I still have to go to the Sprint store.  Very weird that they would take the time to send me an old update. :-/

Journeyman

tirvine wrote:

Weird, so I got updated automatically to the DI07 today, but not to the newest EC05?  So I guess I still have to go to the Sprint store.  Very weird that they would take the time to send me an old update. :-/

You will still have to upgrade to DI18 first before you will be able to to EC05. I wonder if you will get another upgrade to DI18 in the next 24hrs or so. If you do that would mean that they are indeed trying to get everyone upgraded 1 slow step at a time. Good Luck.

Journeyman

I never even had to leave home!  They gave my phone an update every day. Yesterday afternoon I got the DI18 and this morning I got the EC05.  Nice!

Wizard

RSPC, before I read the other comments in this post, I would have said you were 100% correct.  It's great that these devices are receiving the step updates...I'll be following up internally to see what's changed or what may be different on these devices from others that are still stuck on older releases.  

Journeyman

Re: Sprint just gave me a DG27 build? Too old?

I'm on DG27 also, received the update notice on 3/29, but then received the "update aborted" message after I clicked the "update" button. So I'm back to where I was at DG27. Any suggestions, dshoem? Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat