cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standby Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Standby Issue

Does anyone's Epic have issues coming out of standby?  About twice a day  my phone wont resume from stand by, the keys at the bottom of the  screen light up, but the screen itself does not turn on.  I have to take  out the battery to get it to recover.  This is very depressing, don't  know if this is a common issue, or if its mine and I need to send it  back for a replacement.
I got the update last night and it did not fix my issue

It may not seem like a big issue but I can not reliably use it for an alarm in fear it may not come out of sleep mode.  This morning I woke up and it was completely off and I had to turn it on.  It also is depressing when I am like HEY man check out my awesome phone, and it wont awake and I have to take out the battery, etc.

I am trying to find out if I need to send this back to amazon and get a new one, or if it is going to be fixed via software/firmware.

-Scott

Message was edited by: scottrgreenwald@gmail.com

Message was edited by: scottrgreenwald@gmail.com

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Standby Issue

I'm having this problem too as of this morning. However, I can't get my phone off standby mode. Battery pulls aren't helping. I don't know what to do.

Journeyman

For what it's worth, I had this issue and tracked it down to an Android process completely crashing upon a press of the power button. I eventually exchanged the phone for another one, and haven't seen a repeat over the weekend since I did.

I posted about my issues here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/209424

Journeyman

It has not happened for a few days, but it looks like I may just exchange it.  I would hate for this to happen after my return window.  Thanks for the info.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat