cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Wars Videos Not Playing / Netflix on Playon Not Playing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Went to Starwars.com and wanted to check out a video. The Epic would not play the video.

Downloaded the Playon app and started the free 13 day subscription. My Epic can't stream Netflix from my PC.

Are there any solutions to these issues?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I use the Skyfire browser and the video's @ starwars.com played just fine, I was connected to my WiFi though. skyfire is free in the Market if you want to try it.

I also have flashplayer installed. Also free in the Market.

I haven't tried to stream Netflix from my PC but I have streamed video from my PC using SamSung Allshare app (yes Wifi is needed)

I hope some of this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed Flash Player 10.2 and Skyfire browser from the Market. It didn't make a difference. I haven't tried the WiFi yet because we are having a problem with our Road Runner internet. It should be fixed by later tonight and I'll give it a try.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Star Wars Videos Not Playing / Netflix on Playon Not Playing

Well I had a few min to toy around and found that I could not get a video from starwars.com to play while only on 3G, I always got "media error" after it sat buffering for around 30sec+.  I tried it 3 separate times. Then I connected to my WiFi (buffering only took around 5sec) and the video's played just fine. looks like 3G may be just a bit slow so buffering times out for starwars.com video. (On a side note I can play video's from some other sites like TV.com while just on 3G.) Try the video from starwars when you get your WiFi back on and see what happens.

Good Luck

Message was edited by: RSPC

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just upgraded my Road Runner to Turbo last night. I'll have to connect to WiFi later tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi allows me to view Star Wars videos so it is the very slow Sprint 3G speeds that is the problem.

Netflix still didn't play when connected to WiFi. It was unable to stream. Not much use for the Playon App now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have very slow 3G speed also, I am on the edge of reception range though. At least we know what the video problem was now. In the future when 4G coverage comes to everyone hopefully we wont have problems like this anymore.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat