cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange messaging icon after update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not know if this is related to the Gingerbread update, but I have noticed a grey circular icon with an X inside it next to some of my messaging threads. I have done couple of online searches, went through the manual and visited the Samsung website, all to no avail.

Anyone might know what this Icon might mean? I went through the threads and texts seem to have been delivered so its not a delivery warning.

Thx.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Are the contacts for these threads linked thru social network programs? How big are the threads?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Patron

If you pull down your notification bar, you should see that next to this icon, it says you have new voicemail.  Does it say that for you?

On my phone I have new voicemail, and I have this exact icon for it as a notification.

Journeyman

If i'm not mistaken, i do believe that if you click on that, it should delete the thread, but I'm not sure, since i use google voice for my messages. hope this helps.

Journeyman

What I know is that the voicemail notification changed, and it is not at all apparent when I get voicemail. Seems to me there used to be a number on the Phone icon similar to the Messaging icon.

Journeyman

It had to do something with Tango App for some reason. Thanks for the replies

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat