cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TETHERING

Journeyman

TETHERING

I tried to tether my phone but it didn't work. Could someone please tell me how to do this?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

TETHERING

Tethering how? What app are you using to try to tether with?

Journeyman

TETHERING

Sure, did you download the app from the market or from the site? Are you rooted?

Wizard

TETHERING

First, add the $29.99 add-on for wifi tethering.  Then the tethering should work fine. 

You can add the option on a per diem basis, being charged only for the days you have it active.  Just make sure to remove the option before the end of the day so you don't pay for days you don't need.

Journeyman

TETHERING

No I haven't rooted my phone because I heard that by doing that it will void warrenty and I had the 29.99 hotspot option and it didn't work and there is no option for wifi tethering. I was trying to use my phones data to connect my laptop to the internet while away from home.

Master

TETHERING

What you need to do is add the hotspot function to your device and connect to you phone via your computer’s wifi.   You do not mention what model phone this is, but if it is an EVO you will want to go into the hotspot settings and go to manage users. There is a check box that restricts which device can connect to the device make sure it is unchecked. This should allow you to connect the computer to the device.   You can make this connection even if you do not have the hotspot on your account.  

Journeyman

TETHERING

Well, maybe you can do a little "market research" on yourself and see if it's worth it.

1. How often do you use the product warranties?

2. Does Sprint offer tethering? If so, how much a month?

And, maybe you can come up with other questions to complete your survey and then decide. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

TETHERING

Tethering is free and rooting your phone is free. And Easy

Yes it will void your warrenty but in the many years I have been doing this I have never had a problem. If you do have a problem you just put your phone back to stock and all is good.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g/

Journeyman

TETHERING

Thank you STRAUB_2 for the input. I didn't want to push them into doing something they have more doubts about.

Wizard

TETHERING

There is a user guide and a video for tethering on Sprint's suppport page for the Epic that may help. 

Journeyman

TETHERING

There is an app in the Market.  EasyTether.  There is a free version - just know it will not allow you to connect to https sites.  You have to buy the pay version to connect to anything.  I have used it and it works GREAT and you don't have to pay Sprint's $29.95 per month for the wifi hotspot feature.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat