cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take this phone and SHOVE IT!!!

Journeyman

In the last few years, I have had several Samsung phones, starting with the Rant, moving to the Moment, and now the Epic. After countless, blood pressure raising problems on both the Moment and Epic, I am DONE with Samsung devices. I have NEVER in my life experienced such dissatifaction from a phone manufacturer AND carrier, and I'm contemplating leaving Sprint all together. The only thing holding me back is my family, who all share a package. They all still have time left on their contracts, and don't want to pay early termination fees. Sprint, shame on you for not supporting the devices YOU sell, and not keeping on top of the manufaturers to keep the devices up to date. I wish I could sue for emotional and mental TORTURE because of these defective devices you refuse to make good on. Hell, maybe I'll just get a burn phone until the rest of my family is ready to terminate their contracts, and then we can take all 4 of our lines to a carrier that CARES about its customers.

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Hi,

I am sending you a PM, please check your inbox.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

What phone do you have?

Journeyman

A bit strong the way Trasea tells it, but I am in the same position. Cursing does not help, but relief from the anger and frustration.

I no longer fight, just let the time pass by until contract expiration then bye bye!!! Sprint.

Journeyman

Wow I always thought samsung was one of the best.  I used to swear by them until HTC came along; which is what I have now.  However I have 5 phones on my account and one of them is still a samsung moment and he refuses to upgrade he loves it so much.  At any rate, have you tried to takl directy with Samsung about the problems with their phones?  I know this doesn't relieve your aggrevation with sprint not helping you, but perhaps it is a way to keep your blood pressure down from having to be frustrated with them not helping.  Well anyway good luck with everything.

Journeyman dhb
Journeyman

I feel your pain. I have had cellphones since 1989. I still miss the clarity and range of my first Motorola phones. I had a couple of Treos and if they had stayed in the game I would still have one. The Epic has not been my favorite phone but I liked that it was on an open development platform and I expected steady improvements. I have had more problems in the year I've owned this phone than all the problems with all the phones I've owned for the last 22 years! Is it Samsung, Android, Sprint??? I don't know. This is my first Android based phone and my first Samsung phone. Both times that Sprint has "upgraded" the operating system, my phone has become less useful. True, some of the battery life issue seems to have been addressed but since the phone now regularly freezes when the GPS is in use, powers itself down when there is still 50% power on the battery and has a touchier than useful touch-screen ...I don't care! I have been to the Sprint store 4 times since the "upgrade" . The first time they turned my brick back into a phone. Since then, I keep getting reassured that everything is fine. Well, it ain't! Not sure what to do now. We have 6 lines on our plan and I'm the only data user. I can't afford to have an unreliable device like this. Maybe it's time for that i-Phone...or a new carrier

Journeyman

I know your pain.  Then went Windows Phone.  I havent had any of those frustrations since.  WP or iPhone and you will be all set.  Android is such a mess overall.

Journeyman

I half agree, my three previous phones were Windows (6, 6.1 and 6.5), the good side of them: they friendly, sort of stable, manageable and customizable.

My current Android (Epic) definitively a piece o C**P. No more androids for me Sorry Google!!!

The bad side of the Windows is no Apps selection like the others, the good side of android a huge market that feels like iTunes.

In the end, iPhone it is. The bad: it is to restricted for customization, the Good: well everything else (stable, reliable, lots of Apps and nothing a JailBreak can not fix).

LC

Highlighted

dhb wrote:

I feel your pain. I have had cellphones since 1989. I still miss the clarity and range of my first Motorola phones. I had a couple of Treos and if they had stayed in the game I would still have one. The Epic has not been my favorite phone but I liked that it was on an open development platform and I expected steady improvements. I have had more problems in the year I've owned this phone than all the problems with all the phones I've owned for the last 22 years! Is it Samsung, Android, Sprint???

It's because most phones in the past were just that....phones. You now are using a handheld computer that can make phone calls.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat