cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message Roulette: Some Send, Some Fail, You Too?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text Message Roulette: Some Send, Some Fail, You Too?

This is absolutely ridiculous.

It isn't limited to the Samsung Epic, but for some reason, I believe it is tied to a network update. I am seeing posts everywhere where people are saying they are having trouble sending text messages. Only about two thirds of the messages I send go through successfully. What is going on?

Are you having this problem? I live in downtown Nashville (37208) and have an OEM installation with all current updates (phone is not rooted). Ironically, this happened right after I cancelled my total protection plan.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Text Message Roulette: Some Send, Some Fail, You Too?

I'm having the same problem, I've tried updating my data profile, I've tried resetting the phone - makes no difference message still shows as "sending" since 6:59am (10:48am currently).

Journeyman

Running into the same problem in Asheville, both 28801 and 28806 zip codes...  Signal shows 4 bars, 3g lit... Messages keep not being sent... This has been going on for over a week here..    Evo 4g here...

Journeyman

I've been experiencing failed text messages left and right ever since I updgraded to the ET4G last November

I would sometimes experience it with my Epic 4G, but nowhere near how much I do now.

there's no point in calling Sprint, they use the same excuse all of the time:

"We're probably updating the network in your area and your phone isn't catching it."

I pay my bills in full and on time every month and for what? to get failed text messages?

I'll be leaving Sprint very soon.

Journeyman

so, today I experienced it again

however; I shut off my data (3G) and the texts send just fine

how is this possible!?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat