cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messaging saved to call log

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text Messaging saved to call log

Why did Froyo 2.2 update for the samsung Epic 4g saves all your text messaging to your call log. What the heck is that about. Who's smart idea was that. Come on Froyo. Change that.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Master

The standard update doesn't mix messages and calls.  Do you have another program for messaging - like Chomp or Handcent - Do you have a program like Astro or anything else that would manage your call logs and messages?

The standard update should have call logs listing your calls, period.  If you tap on any contact it will show the activity log (Call history) for that contact.  The messaging should show different colored bubbles - the default being blue and yellow. 

There are so many applications that can affect how your device handles things it is hard to answer without knowing your list of installed apps.  I hope I have answered some of your question - please repost with more info if this is not sufficiently resolved.

Hope this helps,

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions

Highlighted
Journeyman

Larry-

Thanks for coming here and helping.  We all appreciate the presence of SPRINT personel.

The issue he's talking about is one we've been talking about here for quite some time.  Mine started related to the EB13 update.  (I'm still on EB13, awaiting EC05 soon I hope). 

Since EB13, my Call Log includes all texts, incoming and outgoing, and the pulldown filter does not allow you to remove ALL text messages while allowing ALL phone calls - this is how 2.1 used to operate and how most of us would like it to continue to operate.

To me, it would not be nearly so annoying if the texts were listed as a block (for instance, 11 texts back and forth with one person in two hours listed as one entry).  The fact that it takes up the first two pages with one text conversation is annoying, and makes the call log useless.

Please help us resolve this issue!

(For the record, I have a non-rooted phone with no software that would affect the call log).

-Scott

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's somewhat mindblowing that they give you several options (Incoming Calls Only / Received Calls Only / etc etc), but not the one that you would think would be the most intuitive (All Calls Only). For a textaholic like myself, the call log is borderline worthless now

Highlighted
Journeyman

This did change for me after the update. The call log is now an annoyance. From within call log, if I select menu, the "view by" options are rather useless. To delete the unwanted messages, I have to choose "sent messages" first and delete them, the go back and choose "received messages" and delete them. I can't filter to show only calls because there are three radio buttons for calls: missed, dialed and received, and only one can be selected at a time. Having the messages in the call log is clutter. I can already see messages elsewhere and I get far more messages than calls. Messages either need to be removed from the call log or there should be a filter for calls versus messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem with my call log since the update. It is useless now.

Highlighted
Wizard

I think that's standard with 2.2.  You can try messaging apps from the market..Handsent is one mentioned often.

Highlighted
Journeyman

With Handcent the messages are going to the call log. I can see no way in Handcent to turn it off either.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having this issue with the standard update.  All I did was hit install when the phone warned me an update needed to be installed.  This is highly annoying and makes my call log worthless.  Ten texts back and forth between me and another person make the call log unretreivable.  It allows me the option to look at missed calls, dialed calls, received calls, sent message or received messages but there is no option to just view the call log.  Very annoying, as is the the fact the ringtones that came installed on my phone originally have been overwritten with some very annoying digitized music tones that I don't want to hear when my phone rings.  There is no 'normal' ringtone option and it is annoying to have to go and download tones when I had perfectly good ones in there before. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear okiestro,

The call log we are talking about is the now "logs" under the application phone. Where it used to be simply ( and all that was needed) a call log, it is now a frustrating combination of all activity on your phone (incoming/ outgoing text messages and calls...). Also when you click options to try and change this it just allows you to look at individuals ( receieved calls, missed calls...) instead of just call log or text log if someone really honestly needs that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the 'mixed' call logs issue, drives me insane! I have tried all options to try and get rid of the text call log. I simply just want my call log.when I look at the "view by"  it gives me the option of missed,received,dialed calls and then send messages and received messages. I've tried using handsent & gosms from the market, without any relief. any ideas how how to fix this annoyance?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's driving lots of us crazy.  It's made my phone significantly more dificult to use, since I almost always dialed from the call logs list.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat