cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not going through after update!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Many issues once again with this update -_____- Will they ever get it right? Any way, I find that my text messages are not going through after the update. They are stuck on "sending". I restarted my phone yesterday and it started working once again but this morning we're back to sqare one. Has this happened to any one else? This is AWFUL!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Having the same issue on my device.  Powered the phone down and back on and the messages sent - no problems since then so this may be a permanent fix. 

I'm keeping this thread updated with info, so please refer there for any new info.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was advised on Monday to not take the upgrade right away from a Sprint representative and do a wait and see if you got the  upgrade notice.  Now on Saturday they tell me that if you get the upgrade notice not to take it.  It is buggier than what you are using now. 

With the current situation it would be cheaper for me go to with AT&T and get a new customer discount than be a premier customer and get another device on sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YES! I had the same thing happen to me...I was wondering why the person who txt me didnt txt back after I supposedly sent the txt message. It was just stuck on "sending" im sorry to say, but probably the only fix around this is a factory reset. I did it to mine and it seems that txt messages are now working fine...albeit abit slow, but at least they are sending hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Text messages not going through after update!!

I performed a hard reset and at first it started working. Two hours later and back to the same @$#%. COME ON WHAT IS THIS?!?!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had performed a Factory Reset and Formatted my SD Card for good measure. Still, not consistantly able to completely send a text message. I'm checking to see if any 3rd Party Apps could be the culprit. I'll post what I find (if anything).

Highlighted
Journeyman

i havent gotten the update yet (still on EB13) and ive had more than usual failed text messages  its perhaps not the update that is causing it...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've narrowed down the reason why my texts say "Sending" but never send. As it turns out, texts send fine when I restart the phone. But when I use the built-in task killer in the Program Manager or use a 3rd Party task killer, texts no longer go through when I send them. The texting process isn't restarting after the use of any task killer.

Highlighted
Wizard

Interesting.  See this post for more info on why task killers aren't necessary with Android.

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

Interesting.  See this post for more info on why task killers aren't necessary with Android.

These stories make me laugh sometimes.

Task killers can be great for battery life the problem is you really have to know how to set them up properly. Most people cant figure them out and have more problems than their worth.

It took me almost a week messing with 2 task killers on my Wife's Moment phone and manage to get 36 to 48 hour battery life now. On my Epic it went a little faster and can now also get up to 48 hours on a single charge with low to moderate use, Around 24 hours when the TWS bug gets me and I didn't happen to notice it. Like right at this very moment i'm at 65% after 13hrs29min TWS BUG AT 26%

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I sent out for a replacement phone and sure enough the replacement came with good ol' 2.1. Unfortunately this is how the problem had to be solved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem, just bumping the thread in hopes of it being noticed / fixed

Highlighted
Wizard

What area are you in?  (zip)  This could be network related.  We can check on that for you.   Thanks!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat