Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not going through after update!!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Text messages not going through after update!!

Many issues once again with this update -_____- Will they ever get it right? Any way, I find that my text messages are not going through after the update. They are stuck on "sending". I restarted my phone yesterday and it started working once again but this morning we're back to sqare one. Has this happened to any one else? This is AWFUL!!!!

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

I have the same problem on my Epic after attempting all of the recommended fixes in this thread. I've done a hard reset, soft reset, factory reset, power cycle, removed battery, cleared cache, removed all Task Manager apps, even uninstalled a third-party txt messaging app (Handcent). Still have the text problem. I can get text messages, I just can't send them.

Journeyman

I have the same problem too!  This is driving me nuts because I love sprint since leaving Verizon and I loved this phone up to the froyo update.  I have a friend using the samsung captivate with AT&T and another using the Samsung Facinate with Verizon and neither of them are having this issue after the Froyo update.

This seriously is MAJOR issue and we are demanding a fix for this!  I swear I will keep calling tech support until they do.

Journeyman

I am kinda late to the game but just found this site so here it goes. I am having the same issue with the texting. It has been going on since May 31. I have done a soft reset, hard reset, new phone, spoke with sprint several times, been to the store.  (several times, they were more help then calling sprint) The only solution I have found to this problem is turning the phone off and then turning it back on. We have 2 of these phones in our home and the other works just fine, not one issue with texting and it has the up grade. Everytime I call about this issue I am told that they have no reports of this being a problem, seems to me after reading posts here and on FB that is it an issue that should have been taking care months ago.

Journeyman

Hello All,

Sorry for this late reply, but I think I’ve found the solution. I had tried everything here. The clearing of the RAM, the reset, all of that. But the problem kept coming back.

At the time, I was also having a problem with my SD card becoming un-readable after a couple of hours (couldn't play songs, view pictures, etc.). So I did some research on that as well. After scanning a couple forums, I had found that it wasn't the phone that was the problem; it was an App. In this case, specifically, the Twitter app. I immediately deleted it. This was about...I want to say 3 months ago. I haven't had a problem with my text messaging or my SD card since.

I don't know if you guys are using the same app as me, but there may be something to that. Maybe its an app, or a certain combination, that's causing the problem. Which could also explain why Sprint never heard of the issue. The SD card issue was spread around all the Galaxy S phones, so there was more report of it. But maybe the texting issue is something unique to the Epic (lucky us, right?).

Anyway, that's what ended up working for me. I hope the rest of you have the same luck I did.

Journeyman

same problem i have even i got new device epic4

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat