Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting issue after froyo update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, my phone updated to Froyo on the 25th, and since then, none of my text messages have been delivered.  All the messages I have tried to send just say "sending".  Anyone else have this same problem, or any possible solutions?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

I have not heard of an issues related to text messages. It may be a compatibility issue between an existing app and the new android software version. I would uninstall any 3rd party text messaging app, anti-virus app or task killers you may have. Then pull your battery to fully reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, try clearing all your previous text messages and go you Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Messaging > Clear app data > Clear cache. This process may ause you to lose existing settings and history in your text messaging app.

Journeyman

Re: Texting issue after froyo update

I did have this issue but only since the 2.2 update when I discovered the new message app which I really do not like, and decided to try Handcent. Only since that install did the problem start. It seems there was a Handcent update today that resolved my problem. Are you using a third party message app? You may have to wait on your app's devs to fix up the app to play nicely with 2.2.

Journeyman

I am having Text message issues. But for me the included messaging application force closes whenever I try to read or send a text. I had to download Handcent so that I could read and reply to my text messages. I tried clearing it out but that didn't seem to help. I also just tried DONALIEN's suggestions and I still have issues.

Journeyman

Re: Texting issue after froyo update

I am having the same problems with the installed text message application.

Except my problem is intermittent Some send, some do not, some send hours later. Usually the  messages just say sending, I've had some say it for over 24 hours and some say failed after just a few minutes.

I just starting having the problem after the froyo update, I'm not running any 3rd party text apps, and I never have.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.

Journeyman

yeh my sms keeps saying "sending" whihc i think is sooo dumb! i hate the bubble crap, it is so close to the iPhones sms messaging! c`mon sprint!!

Wizard

This happened on my device a few days ago.  I powered the phone off and back on, stuck texts sent and I haven't had the problem since.  I've included this in the attached thread and will post any new information there:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/65495

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat