Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Loss of 3G since upgrade

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the new software update, I can no longer access internet unless I have my WiFi on at home or in an area that has 4G. There are not many areas that have 4G availability. So I'm paying for web services that I can't use. I called customer service and got the song and dance saying they are not aware of this issue and to go to a store. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? I shouldn't have to go to a store everytime I need help with this phone.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Also ensure that you have the mobile network turned on in Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Network. You can also quickly access the setting byholding the power button. I see quite often people accidentally turn that off when messing around in the settings. I don't think most people check that as the first troubleshooting step either because of how simple it seems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Master

You can try to update your profile.  That will reprogram your device to allow for 3g data access.  home/menu/settings/system updates/update profile

If you still can't access the web, private message me and I'll send a data refresh to push the settings to your device that will allow for it to access the web. 

thanks

-John

Highlighted
Master

Also ensure that you have the mobile network turned on in Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Network. You can also quickly access the setting byholding the power button. I see quite often people accidentally turn that off when messing around in the settings. I don't think most people check that as the first troubleshooting step either because of how simple it seems.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks guys. I actually caved in and went to the Sprint store and apparently the update cancelled my 3G even being on. Felt like a moron, but at least it's fixed and I know for next time. I appreciate you guys answering me.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat