cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen unresponsive?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I've been having an issue for a few days.

About two days ago, whenever I slid my Epic open, the screen wouldn't respond. The four buttons on the bottom of the phone worked just fine, I just couldn't tap on any of my icons or swipe the screen. However, if I were to click on an icon and then close the phone, that's when it'd load. Sometimes, I'll have to open and close it a few times in order for the screen to work properly while slid open. I've tried pulling the battery, resetting the phone numerous times, factory reset, etc. It's becoming worse and I was just wondering if anyone had any kind of idea as to what this is.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I also have been having this problem since the Froyo update.  I experienced the problem first back in Dec when there was an initial release of Froyo that turned out to be a non final version.  When I reverted back to the stock Eclair version the non responsive touch screen issues disappeared until Froyo was pushed out at the end of March.  Since then my touch screen will develop areas that don't respond to touch until I lock the phone and then unlock it.  It happens daily now and is getting very annoying.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Wizard

No issue here.  My phone came already with Froyo.

Journeyman

I sometimes have this issue depending on the case or screen protector I am using. If you are using any cases try taking them off and see if that helps. One case I owned when it got really dusty my touch screen would not be as responsive. And I know sometimes I have issues with the touch buttons on the bottom depending on the brand of screen protector I use. The joys of a capacitive touch screen.

Journeyman

I wish it was a screen protector issue but I am not using a case or a screen protector of any kind.  The phone is naked all the time.  :-(

Wizard

You might have to take the device into a repair center.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat