Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off Geotagging for EPIC4G 2.2 update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO TURN THIS OFF AND MOST FORUMS HAVE NOTHING FOR THE EPIC, AM I TO BELIEVE THAT THE ONLY WAY TO TURN OFF GEOTAGGING IS GET RID OF THE 2.2 UPDATE???

Tags (2)
25 REPLIES 25
Wizard

Try going to Settings, Location and Security, and turning off (unchecking) *both* Use Wireless Networks *and* Use GPS Satellites.  I don't know that this will work for everyone, but it does for me.  When I take pictures with the camera and both of these settings off, I get unknown location, latitude, and longitude.  There really ought to be a setting in the camera app for this though.  It's kind of a pain to manually alter location settings just to avoid having geotagged photos.

Journeyman

I posted this in a thread I started about the Geo-Tagging Issue, Its gone missing though.

Check out the youtube video about your pictures,kids,location..........

Does  anyone know if the Geo-Tagging toggle (on/off switch) has been brought  back in EC05? Its gone in EB13 and Geo-Tagging is turned on 24/7 as long  as the GPS is on. It needs to be brought back ASAP!  Check out this  NBCActionNews video 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY

This is a serious Issue!

As far as I know all the earlier versions had the option to turn it off as can be seen here.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/docs/DOC-1601#comment-25113

Wizard

Here's the steps noted on icanstalku.com for disabling the settings on the camera.  Has anyone tried them to see if it works?  

In order to disable for just the camera application, start the Camera app to make sure that you are not saving             your location. This is the menu on the left side of the camera application; it slides out from left to right.

Android GPS Camera Location

Select "Store Location" and make sure it is set to off.

Android GPS Camera Location Off

Once this is disabled, the camera app will no longer add geotags to your images.

Journeyman

Re: Turning Off Geotagging for EPIC4G 2.2 update

I don't know if EC05 has that but EB13 and DI18 don't even look the same as what you posted. Take a look at my post #2 above here andn  2nd link it has screen shots of what it looks like or what it used to look like with the GPS option, now it still looks the same just no option for the GPS.

PS. Thanks for trying though

Message was edited by: RSPC

Wizard

Yeah, the instructions were for a Verizon device.  I poked around on my device (EB13) and can't find a way to turn it off either.  I'll see what I can find out on EC05.

Journeyman

Re: Turning Off Geotagging for EPIC4G 2.2 update

dshoem01 wrote:

Yeah, the instructions were for a Verizon device.  I poked around on my device (EB13) and can't find a way to turn it off either.  I'll see what I can find out on EC05.

That would be Great, Thanks.

Also, I heard someone comment about using the in camera "Firmware Check" option to send through a patch/fix. That may be a good way to do it, but hopefully EC05 has it fixed already?

Journeyman

Thank you dshoem01.  We all appreciate your assistance in getting issues like this resolved.

Journeyman

That camera app is replaced with 2.2

Journeyman

Could you please tell me how to turn it ON? I have never seen a geotag on any of my Epic's photos.

Journeyman

Also to add my phone has locked up twice today since I turned the wireless for apps off and my phone rotates on it owns, what is up with this update????

Journeyman

SHERJ wrote:

Could you please tell me how to turn it ON? I have never seen a geotag on any of my Epic's photos.

It's not on your photo's,  it's in the photo's data, right click on a photo click properties then choose details. If you had the GPS turned on while you took that picture you will see a section under details with the coordinates of where the picture was taken, you could type them in on Google Maps or Google Earth and see exactly where the picture was taken. (See the video i posted above.)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat