cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two problems will not go away: GPS location and Capacitive Buttons sensitivity

Journeyman

Two problems will not go away: GPS location and Capacitive Buttons sensitivity

Hi there, Had the phone since launch. Stupidly got it from best buy, which means if i need to swap my model before the 30 days I might SOL. nice.

Anyway. having a hard time with the launch of the GPS/MY LOCATIONS services. I believe this is an ongoing issue; once it's dialed in it seems to work okay in nav app or the places app, but when cold starting it either FOREVER to center in or it shuts down and snaps back to the home screen. Any fixes/ suggestions for this.

Finally, i had thought that the capacitive button lack of response (anything but the home key) might be due to some kind of software glitch from using alternative launchers. i discarded them and went back to touch wiz. initially seemed ok, but now i am noticing once again that the back button or the search button are unresponsive UNLESS i click the home key twice.

is this a software glitch or a hardware glitch? do i need a new phone or do i need to wait for the software to be updated? clock is ticking on my 30 days.

Tricia

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Two problems will not go away: GPS location and Capacitive Buttons sensitivity

I think both of these are known issues, reported in many forums. I also have the Epic and have no problem at all with the capacative buttons and GPS. I would take it back to best buy for a replacement. In my experience they have been much better about this than Sprint, so I'm not sure why you are worried about that.

Journeyman

Re: Two problems will not go away: GPS location and Capacitive Buttons sensitivity

the problem with buying at best buy is that they may not have the product in stock and if they don't get it in stock at the same exact store within the 30days, you are sol. whereas with sprint you are dealing directly with the retailer.

i may go back to best buy and see what they say.

Journeyman

Well, I think you dont have to worry about them being out of stock with the Epic. Maybe temporarily, but the phone is brand new. I actually have the Best Buy replacement plan and the great thing about that, is that they replace the phone with a NEW one. Having had 5 Samsung Moments, I realize that when you get the refurbished models (which Sprint gives you) you just end up playing musical chairs with everyone else who has a problem phone. Anyhow, I have been really happy with Best Buy so far...

Highlighted
Journeyman

that's interesting. they never offered me that at the store. i do have equipment replacement via sprint.

-per the stock. i've seen oon some msg boards that this is a problem. i thought it would be similar to the evo which i tried to get for months and couldn't but wanted a keyboard anyway, and i like the swype thing.

at any rate; the people who sold me the phone at best buy are like teenagers who don't seem very equipped to troubleshoot; maybe i bring phone in for troubleshooting at sprint and if i need a new one then can swap it at best buy....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat