cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Tethering on Epic 4g (Works on Windows but not on Mac)

Highlighted
Journeyman

USB Tethering on Epic 4g (Works on Windows but not on Mac)

Hi

This might have alredy been asked, but I can't seem to find any answers.

I have the Samsung Epic 4g with HotSpot service activated on our account.  However it is intermitent and drops a lot.  I tried USB Tethering option on my work computer which is Windows 7.  It works flawlessly and a lot faster, and if I get a phone call I don't get a dropped connection.   However I can't get it to work on my Mac.  It's asking for a number and password.  Is there a way I can get this?

I've read that Sprint doesn't support tethering, but if that's the case then why is it working on my work computer. 

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

We do not support tethering on any computer.  It may work or it may not work  You may not have a correct driver on the mac for it to talk to the  device   for a number you can try #777 and just either check remember password or leave it blank

Highlighted
Journeyman

That just seems strange that Sprint would allow the build to offer it but not support it.  It's even more strange how it works perfectly on Windows but not on Mac OSX...

Thanks though, I'll try the #777 and search for a driver for Mac and post my findings

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat