cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete IMAP mail messages after 2.2 update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone else having trouble deleting email messages for IMAP accounts after updating to 2.2?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Unable to delete IMAP mail messages after 2.2 update?

Hello, sorry for the troubles you are expericing with your device.  To delete email for any imap account u would hold down on the email message u want to delete, and a menu box will appear simple press delete and this will delete your message. Have a good day

Journeyman

Re: Unable to delete IMAP mail messages after 2.2 update?

Is that the only way to successfully delete emails within the default mail app after the 2.2 update?  I have since reverted to running 2.1, so I can not test that at the  moment, but I'm fairly sure that using a long tap to delete emails will  also fail.

Prior to the update when running 2.1 there were various ways to delete such as tapping the check boxes next to a set of messages and then delete them all.  After updating to 2.2 the email client believes that it has deleted the messages as the are removed from the message list view, but then the next time the app checks the imap server those messages appear again and the phone notifies you of new messages.  It appears that the new apps IMAP client is no longer sending the delete message instruction to the server properly.  If I check with a different email client it is aparent that the Epic has not deleted the messages.  On 2.1 and using various other devices with these email accounts do not have any trouble deleting messages.

Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem. The Email app on Epic 4G (2.2.1) cannot delete messages on an IMAP account, regardless of which method used the delete the message. There is something wrong with the email app.

Journeyman

I had the same problem with 2.2

I did not see a setting to leave (or not to leave) messages on the server, by default its set at leave messages on the server so every time you sync up all your deleted messages come back. To delete them you have to access your mail from your PC.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat