cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get phone connected to computer

Journeyman

Re: Unable to get phone connected to computer

I connected my phone to the computer, and this time Windows was able to install all four drivers successfully. Windows is installing the following:

Samsung Android USB Composite Device

Samsung Android USB Modem

Samsung Android USB Mass Storage

Samsung Android USB Composite ADB Interface

A drive was created for the phone, but when I click on it, Windows can't seem to access it. The phone indicates that it is advisable to eject the device before disconnecting USB storage, but I don't even get an eject option in the Windows taskbar.

I really want to get this working.

Journeyman

Hi

Stumbled across your post here, thought I would check my settings because my phone will connect to my PC (Windows 7 HP)

I checked the settings on the ##8778# menu and what I found is that UART is set on MODEM and USB is set on PDA

That's the exact opposite of your settings..

Journeyman

I changed the settings, and now it works.

Thanks for the tip. This was something that both Samsung support and Sprint support never thought to check.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm glad that it's working for you now. I have to say I've only seen these changed for a manual software update in store.

Journeyman

THANK YOU ALL!!  I have been surfing the net for days trying to fix this and checking ##8778# (which I never heard of before this post) found that USB was set to MODEM instead of PDA!! Now, I can finally see an external drive letter for my phone on my HP laptop. 

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.