cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Firmware to DI18 on Epic

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update Firmware to DI18 on Epic

After reading in the news after much anticipation about the unofficial froyo updates, I was taking a look at my phone. I have had my Epic for over a month now, and it has Build Number DG17 on it still. I have received no notification for an OTA update. I wasn't planning on installing the unofficial update but by God I at least need to get the last 7 months of updates which I apparently never got. When I follow Sprint's instructions to go into the menu and select About Phone->System Updates->Update Android, it tells me my software is up to date. It clearly is not.

I also have been to update firmware which also says my phone is up to date. Does Sprint have some type of package I can download and install manually since obviously I never received any OTA updates?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Update Firmware to DI18 on Epic

*Update*

I have since seen that you have to update incrementally. I tried downloading the following: http://www.4shared.com/get/xGRAYI2M to get to DI07 only to get an error message. The file is correctly labeled as update.zip

Please advise.

Journeyman

Okay, I guess the real problem here is that somehow my phone has a pre-release version since it has D17, even though I bought it brand new. Since Sprint lists DG27 as the release version I also couldn't find any updates from DG17 to DG27.

All this from the "best" smartphone around, including a $10 data surcharge monthly, my phone is working like a prototype. The guys at the Sprint store here are idiots, we don't have Froyo. I am just very frustrated with a phone I very much want to love.

Journeyman

Don’t worry about Froyo, it’s coming soon enough. And yes you have the best smartphone on the market. Have you tried going to an authorized Sprint Service and Repair Center or perhaps calling Sprint Customer Service to have the updates pushed your phone? Sometimes OTA needs a little help.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat