cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verbal announcments - how to turn it off??

Journeyman

I'm new to this phone, and going crazy with all the setting/options.  My husband insisted I have it, but he's much more tech savvy than me!

My problem is, every time there is an incoming phone call or message, I get a verbal notification, saying "incoming call from......"

Can someone please tell me how to turn this off?  I can't have this announcement going off all day in my office!  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like you may have turned on the default screen reader for blind users. To turn it off, from the home screen, go to Menu>Settings>Accessibility. From there, you can turn off the screen reader.

Journeyman

When I go to accessibility, I get a message that says "no accessibility applications found"  You do not have any accessibility applications.  You can download a screen reader from the android market.  Click OK to install screen reader.

Journeyman

In that case, I have no idea how you are doing that! You must have inadvertantly downloaded and installed a third party app, and without knowing what was downloaded, you might be stuck with that option until your husband fixes what he might have installed.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help...

Journeyman

Thanks for trying, I appreciate it!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat