cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vimeo and other videos

Highlighted
Journeyman

Vimeo and other videos

Hubby and I both have Epic 4G purchased at the same time on the day of roll-out. Never had problems with them. Son sent a link to a Vimeo video and hubby was able to play it on his phone just fine, but when I try to play it, I get the message, "Sorry this video cannot be played." Hubby is not at all techno so I am sure he did not know how to download anything or do anything to make his work. I have registered as a user on the Vimeao site and even downloaded the app and still get the same message. Two other new Conquer phones on our account get the same message. Is there a fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Vimeo and other videos

I used to have that same problem with YouTube videos, even... friends would include video links in their Facebook posts, and 9 times out of 10 I would get that same message "Sorry this video cannot be played" and it was INFURIATING, until I found this fix:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1283229

Ever since following those steps, I have never seen that error come back on my phone.

(Use at your own risk / Your mileage may vary / etc.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

WOW thanks for the link.

I found lots of suggestions that I tried that did not work. Think this one probably will work though.

Too tired now, but will give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much. Was able to follow your directions.

Little confusion at the point of entering the command prompt...it opened a landscape virtual keyboard again.

Finally figured I needed to re-enter the prompt and then get out a magnifying glass (jk) to read the numbers.

The rest of it went exactly as you laid out...... and WhooHoo the video plays.

Have not had time to mess with it to see if speeds are improved but am just happy I did not have to download additional players to make it work.

Now I have 3 other phones to fix.

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK Fixed Hubby's phone. 2 of the settings were set at 0's so I changed the other 2.

Explains why he was able to play a video that I couldn't.

But tried the same process with 2 Conquers we have and the ConnectBot did not give me the MSL code when I entered the prompt.

Suggestions???

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat