cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Calls Draining Significant Amount of Battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Voice Calls Draining Significant Amount of Battery

Ok, i've managed to tweak my Epic 4g pretty well to squeak out quite a few hours of battery life (between 12 and 24 depending on usage), using various tricks such as loading JuiceDefender, turning off all the radios/gps when not in use, lowest screen brightness, etc.  However, voice calls -the primary function of a cell phone- seem to be the doom of my battery life, drastically reducing my expected time off the charger.

It looks like if i spent the entire 100% of my battery life on the phone talking, i would MAYBE get an hour.  I mean it seriously drains the heck out of my batter to talk.  Web browsing via wifi or 3g pales in comparison.  I can go all day doing that.   But a telephone call will suck it dry.

I'm also noticing most of the time, the battery usage screen shows >50% of time with no cell signal.  This just doesn't sound right.  At work, I believe it, because i'm in a basement with relatively bad coverage.  However, at home, on my old phone i always had 3 bars of signal.  With the Epic, it fluxuates between 1 and 2 bars, maybe 3, of signal at home.  Why so much worse?  And why is it reporting such high % of no cell signal?  I know there's good signal at home.. my Palm Treo 755p always had more bars at home.  My call quality on the Epic seems fine, with no drops either.  I think the signal is fine, its just the phone is having issues with it.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

I love this phone, but not being able to actually talk on the phone is kind of an issue... it is a phone afterall... I still have a couple weeks before my 30 day trial is up, and i'd rather not go there, but i may have to unless this is a rare issue, maybe i just need to exchange the phone for another Epic.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Voice Calls Draining Significant Amount of Battery

-bump-

No one else is having this trouble?  I really like this phone but i can't keep a phone that gets me an hour of talk time tops.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Voice Calls Draining Significant Amount of Battery

Take your phone to the Sprint Store near you & tell them about the problem before you turn in your phone. I'm sure they can figure out what's going wrong. They are good at troubleshooting the phone, just not the software.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat