cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI problems after Gingerbread update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Received a new Samsung Epic because of a SD card problem.  The next day i got the Gingerbread update, but now i can't connect to wifi accounts that it connected to before the Gingerbread update.  When viewing the Wifi connections it keeps saying obtaining IP address, and then times itself out before obtaining.  

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Hi,

I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20111116:STORELOCATOR.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

The Wi-Fi and GPS issues are known issues so why advise going to a Sprint Store? They can't fix the problem. I wish I had the ability to root my phone because that appears to be the only fix for both problems.

Journeyman

I could sign on to public wifi's but not my home wifi.  Something in the Gingerbread update didn't let my Uverse 2 wire internet connect.  I had to change my wifi security settings on the Uverse 2 wire internet to get the phone to finally find the IP address of the WIFI.   Once i did that it instantly connected.   Something between the difference of at WPA/WPA2 security and WEP security.   Lord only knows but it works now. Hope this might help you.  I did let my local store know so maybe it will help others.   Unfortunatly i figured all this out on my own after a factory reset and junk. 

Wizard

Hi,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I am glad that you were able to get the situation resolved.

I will pass this feedback on to the proper channel.

Thank you very much,

----George

Journeyman

Who said it was fixed??? I'm still having major problems with Wi-Fi and Gps and will continue having problems until Sprint provides a fix for all of us. The alternative is to root the phone but I have been holding off hoping the Sprint will fix the mess it created. No other carrier who has updated phones to Gingerbread is having this problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat