cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is with the buzzing when using the speakerphone mode with the Epic 4G?

Journeyman

I tend to use the speakerphone function so that I can look things up or be doing other things if I need to when I am talking with people and I am getting regular complaints that there is buzzing going on from those I call or call me. I don't hear it, but they do. I thought that if I kept the volume at half of maximum, it would go away, but that doesn't work all the time either. I have turned the volume almost all the way down and had complaints about hearing buzzing. The buzzing is being complained about on the majority of my calls, but not all. I am in my first 30 days with Sprint and received a presumably new Samsung Epic which was up to date with Android 2.2 and all the updates. I also have been keeping up with the updates. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix for it?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

When the buzzing is present, Are you close to any florescent or neon lights?(within 3 or 4 feet)  Electric motors or any High powered equipment known to cause radio interference.  Just some things to rule out.

Journeyman

RSPC,

Very good suggestions. I was testing the flourescent lights as interference source when I saw your reply. I do use CFL bulbs, and I really thought that was a plausible issue, but I got some incoming calls from another Sprint user on the road when I was purposely next to some CFLs that were on and was told that there was no buzzing. I also tested making and receiving calls with the speaker on and different volume levels. This testing shot down my theory that the microphone is the problem since I got no complaints on some of the calls when the volume was beyond the half way setting and even all the way up. So far all I've learned is that it seems as if keeping the volume on a speaker call no higher than midway lessens the chance of buzzing. Seems is the key word, because it is a fact that some calls have buzzing no matter what the volume is set at and some do not.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat