cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about random reboots or restarts after Gingerbread update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Periodically, our phones will do a random reboot or restart ever since we did the Gingerbread update.  How can we make this stop?

Thanks for the help!  My husband and I will appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Saceilers1,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues after the update. If you've already tried pulling the battery then you may have to perform a factory data reset. This is necessary some times when experiencing issues after an update.

Note: When resetting your phone it will erase everything not stored/saved on your SD card. However there are very helpful applications on the market like SMS Backup & Restore that will back up your text messages. To back up your contacts you can go to Contacts/People application > Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD Card > Select Phone. Your pictures/videos will automatically be backed up to your SD Card. For backing up your applications you can use applications like Astro Filemanager.

1. From Home screen.
  2. Press Menu, then tap Settings.
  3. In Settings, flick Up and tap Privacy.
  4. Tap Factory Data Reset.
  • You will see This will erase all data from your phone's your phone's internal storage, including Your Google account, System and application data and settings, Downloaded applications To also clear music, pictures, and other user, the SD card needs to be erased.
  • After this you will see an option for phone reset, click this.
  • Then you will see another option for Erase everything, click this.

5. Device will reboot.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat