cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the 10$ extra a month charge for the Samsung Epic?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why the 10$ extra a month charge for the Samsung Epic?

Can someone explain this to me?  I already have an unlimited data plan, so why should I have to pay more for anything?  The website says the 10$ charge is for a "richer data experience".  What exactly is richer about it?  It's the same network I'm paying for already with my unlimited data plan. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: Why the 10$ extra a month charge for the Samsung Epic?

Not again please...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/31595?tstart=0

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, I'm not interested in starting or reading a sprint fanboy debate.  I wanted a response from someone from Sprint.  If this is not the proper forum where I can get such a response, I apologize.  I noticed Sprint employee's responding to other threads on here, I should have directed my question to them specifically.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you refer to the above link, there are several instances in which a Sprint employee responds to the question. You have to do your due diligence to read the post. I'm sure Sprint is tired of responding to the same post a million times when it's already been answer 999,999 times.

Basically Sprint is a business and it is trying to make money. If the phone is too expensive... don't buy. If it's worth it too you then buy it.

Message was edited by: Harpstar

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is a business and they need to make money?  Really?  That's exactly the kind of idiotic response I'm not interested in. How about Sprint is a business and should respond to their customers.

I've been a Sprint/Nextel customer for over 10 years with multiple lines.  I am quite familiar with Sprint's business practices.  I read through 5 pages (of 90) of responses in the above link and NOT ONE was a response from a Sprint representative.  It was mostly people, such as yourself, with uninformed speculations as to why the charge is justified.  Never before has Sprint charged an extra fee for data service for a specific device.  I reserved 2 Epics at my local store Sprint store, which were to be ordered and picked up tomorrow.  Then I got there and they told I would have pay $10 extra a month for each phone, which amounts to $480 over the length of my contract.  The store said is WAS NOT for 4g. I would hope not, since they don't have 4g service where I live, or hardly anywhere else for that matter.  So, what is for?  Simple question. 

I know one thing, they respond very quickly when you make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In a nutshell Sprint has said the charge is for a very fast processor, a bigger screen, a high quality camera, and a richer data experience. Unfortunately, none of it makes any sense to anyone outside of the Sprint boardroom

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was going to get this phone , sign up for two more  years but there is no way I'm paying $120 extra bucks for something I  will never use in my area, I'm getting charged extra because the phone is faster? Isn't that what the company that makes the phone does? Now sprint wants to milk some more out of us? This is bogus, I'll just wait to see if a new 3G phone comes  out that I like, or I'll start looking at verizon instead.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat