cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Problems......please help

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so I was upgraded to Froyo, and I have been trying to connect to my home secured network with no success. I can connect to any open network fine but when I try my secured network (WPA2-PSK), my phone sees the network, asks me for the code..attempts to authenticate, then says disabled. Now I have a couple of other wireless devices that have no problem connecting automatically to my network, so it is not like there is some kind of filter on my router(I have one of those Motorola modem/router combos if that helps). I have factory reset the phone 2 times- and no change.

On another issue...the rotation lag: I tried the advice found on here to calibrate while the phone is facing down, and it worked..but then it loses calibration after every few days!!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

You say you were updated to Froyo, I assume that means the OTA push out or did you download it from Samsung? 

This may sound dumb but a few things I would check would be

1) does your router set to fitlter by either MAC address or device name?  Have these changed?

2) Check the logs of the router (most routers have them) and check the error message as to why the connection is being rejected.

3) Have you added any other devices recently that might be squatting on one of your intenral IPS inside your router's network?

4) Finally I would check the key itself (though if you can check the logs it might show you that it was an invalid key already, but perhaps not)

Journeyman

Re: Wi-Fi Problems......please help

I downloaded the update from Samsung before they removed it..from what I hear. I did see a supposed fix online that required rooting but I do not wanna go through al that.  MAC filtering is not enabled on my router as it was the first thought I had too...none of my devices at home had to be put in the MAC filter or any other, they automatically connected given the passcode.

I am not home as of the moment but I will check the error log but I doubt it will give me an definite cause..what do you mean by a device squatting inside my network? I do not have advanced networking knowledge so if you could please detail your last two suggestions, thanks.

Journeyman

By squatting I mean sometimes another device you have may want to use the same IP that had previously been given to the phone.  Or perhaps the phone is now trying to take an IP that is assigned to another device. So many wifi devices around these days including blu-ray players, some tv remotes, printers, e-readers, etc.

Meanwhile print whatever the logs say in regards to the MAC address for your EPIC.  If you aren't sure exactly what to get from the logs, I would try to connect on your Epic just before you check the logs, so then the failure/denial event will be fairly fresh near the top of your router logs. 

Journeyman

Re: Wi-Fi Problems......please help

This may sound stupid but, Power off the phone pull the battery for 30 sec. Put the batt back in and re-boot then try connecting again.

You could also try doing the same with your router, Unplug it for a min or 2 then plug it back in and see if you can connect.

These are the first 2 simplest and quickest things I would try.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat