cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be charged for tethering?

Journeyman

Will I be charged for WiFi ththering if I start the service on my phone?  Not having that in my data plan.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

I believe Sprint has Unlimited Plan on everything so there shouldn't be any charge. Unless you have a different contract with them. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Robbie is correct that you won't be charged for wifi tethering.  However, you should have tethering in your plan if you intend to use tethering.  If you wifi tether without the $29.99 add-on, it is against the Sprint Terms and Conditions.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml

Examples of prohibited data uses: (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage)

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't actually support tethering anymore. I used to have the option as phone as modem and they discontinued it over a year ago.

You can still use wifi enabled hotspots on the EVO, Evo shift and the Samsung epic but you have to have wifi hotspot option added to your plan which is $29.99 a month.

Simple tethering with a usb cable or wifi  directly to any device without the wifi hotspot option is actually a violation of the sprint TOS.

read the fine print in your contract.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat