cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Journeyman

I updated my Epic to 2.2 manually using the samsung website. The update didn't include Sprint ID... Will I still get Sprint ID. The Baseband I have is SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.EB13

I got it from http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/263401#263401 . Now will I still get the over the air update (EC05) ?

Tags (4)
95 REPLIES 95
Master

Re: Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Well, I've searched the Samsung website for the Epic 2.2 dowload/update, and couldn't find it.  Could you have received a notification on your phone back in February allowing you to download and update it then? And regardless of what version your on, if it's not EC05, then you should receive a notification that your update can be downloaded.  But Google is pushing their updates in stages, or blocks of customers.  The update states that 100% of all Epics (on EB13 or DI18) should receive the udpate notification within 4 days which will be by the end of 3/24/11. 

Let us know if you haven't received the notification by the end of tomorrow. 

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

[added clarification software versions to receive the update]  Thanks Tom! - dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Journeyman

Re: Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Thanks for the quick reply Tom. The update to EB13 was the one that was pulled and now there are a lot of people say this update is not going out to any phones with it. On this thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/272432#272432 there are many postings saying that not only are they not getting the OTA update but also aren't able to use the link from the google servers to manually install the update. It would be great if you could inform us about when or if we are gonna get the update would be great because I think its prety clear that EC05 is not made for people with EB13.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah, they've definitely stated that EB13 users should be getting EC05.  The problem is, I'm not sure if any of us have gotten it yet.  I know I'm still waiting for it.  So far I've only heard of DI18 users getting updated.  But the rollout is supposed to be continuing through today, so hopefully we'll get it soon.  It really stinks being stuck at the end of the update queue though.

Wizard

The manual file that's floating around in that thread is not an official Sprint file.  It's one someone pulled off the internet that updates from DI18 to EC05.  The official Sprint OTA update is for devices on EB13 and will update your device to EC05.  You should receive it by midnight CST.   

Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

The manual file that's floating around in that thread is not an official Sprint file.  It's one someone pulled off the internet that updates from DI18 to EC05. 

Good point!  Beware of that file.

Journeyman

is that 100% correct the peple with eb13 will receive the update by midnight

Journeyman

Sprint said everyone will get the update by midnight. I'm not sure they will tell us again. Good luck and I hope it makes it to our phones!

Journeyman

PTHOMAS87 wrote:

is that 100% correct the peple with eb13 will receive the update by midnight

Wanna bet on that!  nothing is 100% in this world.   and folks are already posting that Sprint Tech is saying they pulled this update.

Wizard

Yes, but that's not official.  And at least one person who posted about being told that the update was pulled, posted an update that he/she was called back by Sprint and told that the update is still on.  It seems that at least some Sprint reps have incorrect information.  dshoem01's been pretty good about keeping us updated and hasn't posted about the update being pulled yet.  It should still be on.  Let's just hope they kick it up and start hitting up the rest of us who are apparently stuck at the very end of the update queue.  Given some download time and the fact that you have to accept the update, it seems like tomorrow morning is reasonable for completion.  If we don't have it at that point, then we come back and start complaining louder. 

Journeyman

I'm from puerto rico, my epic has the EB13....its 8:44pm and I haven't received the update :/

Journeyman

I updated my wife's Epic to EB13 manually via Samsung's website a while back and she has received the OTA for EC05 already.  She has not installed it yet though.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat