cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok so its officially past midnight CST. I still have not gotten the EC05 update with my Epic with EB13! Come on Sprint help me out! I ready wasnt this update!

Journeyman

Here's the msg from other posts. Try to download any free stuff from the Market and it will trigger the update. Hope this helps!

Journeyman

I manually updated my phone to EB13 a month ago and I haven't received the EC05 update either!!! What is going on here??? Give us some answers!! I am unrooted and stuck on this crappy EB13. Give us some answers!!!

Journeyman

If you want an updated OS, you must buy one of Samsungs new phones, at full price.  That's their software upgrade policy

Journeyman

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. JUST BE QUIET AND LET THE PROS DO THE TALKING.

Journeyman

I udated an app in the market, still my EB13 is showing as up to date.

Journeyman

This is ridiculous.  I still don't have the update!!!

Journeyman

I am running EB13 still. Its March 25th at 6:44 am. I'm in Kansas. I still have no update. I went to try and update firmware and I get an error message. EB13 is horrible and causing issues with my phone. Id like a real time frame as to when I will get EC05.

Journeyman

And you won't, sprint reps are basically saying there isn't an EB13 to EC05 update, and you must take your phone to a store so they can wipe it and put EC05 on there.  Because "We're not sure why THAT update is being sent out" which basically means it doesn't exist.  We'd have the google link if such update existed......so basically, if you're EB13 and want EC05, you need to wipe the phone or risk the androidcentral 1 click method with an untrusted file.

Journeyman

When I woke up about 45 min ago, my phone had a press to install update on it.  I think I was as 13 before the update, Now  I'm at EC05.  It took about 10 min to finish the process. I talked to sprint yesterday about my menus being different on my epic.  A couple of days ago I received a new (refurbished) epic due to my other one having problems.  The first thing I noticed was that the menus were different in settings.  I talked fo several tech support persons yesterday about this, and it looks like the update took care of the menus.   And I'm not sure what my build was on my previous epic that I turned in earlier this week.  It's amazing how certain things you don't pay attention to until you really get involved in it like the build because of the update.

Anyway, It's coming , be patient.  I guess when you don't think about it it shows up.

Journeyman

Re: Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

The menus in settings are the same, it just added some color.  There are ZERO reports of EB13 to EC05.

There are a lot of "well I'm not sure what I was running" reports, but you would know if you have EB13 due to a handful of known issues with it. 

Wizard

Sprint reps can be wrong -- some were saying yesterday the update got pulled, which is clearly wrong since people are reporting getting the update this morning.  And at least one person confirmed he/she was running EB13 and did get an update to EC05, so they do seem to updating EB13 users.  Unfortunately, I'm on EB13 and *still* don't have the update and can't seem to trigger it.  I hope someone steps in here to help us out.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat