cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Wizard

Re: Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

OK, thanks.  The longer I have to wait, the more impatient I'm getting.  I really hope the update comes very soon.  @Sprintcare on Twitter told me earlier that the hope was the have the updates out today.  Well, the day's almost over here and I've still got nothing, unfortunately.

And of course you're right that there could be plenty of EB13 users who got updates and just don't read or post on web boards like this one.  I still think at least *someone* on here would have gotten the update by now if things were really random, but I suppose it's totally possible that the updates are completely missing web board posters for some bizarre reason.

robbiedoo2001, the maintenance release thread says that the OTA push of EB13 updates has already started.  Therefore, such an update should exist and should be going out.  I'm not sure why no one on this board seems to have it yet, but randomization could do anything.

Patron

Finally, on 3/25 around 10 PM, I received EC05 pushed to my phone running DI18. Everything went fine, the phone is more responsive, Skype works. Althouth we should have received this update many months ago, I still want to thank Sprint (and Samsung?) for the effort.

Journeyman

I'm not too sure why people with older version than eb13 are even reading these forums.. every time someone says they've received the update running di18 it pisses me off.. everyone stick to the topic and don't say anything unless yur eb13 and received update ota...lol

Journeyman

EB13 - no update for me. I'm sure statistically someone on this forum would have received the update that has EB13. It seems to me that Sprint is working on a push for people with EB13 and hasn't figured it out yet. My phone works great and I'm sure at some point we will get the update in someway, but who knows when. My guess is that Sprint does not want to offer a solution that completely wipes out data on phones. I was on the phone with Sprint the other day trying to get the other phones on my account to have different caller ID's. Anyway, I asked them about the update and they had me pull my battery to see what would happen. They said I should recieve the update in a few days and to call them if I didn't. She stated that the only other solution would wipe my data out and that she didn't want to do that just yet. I asked her to tell me how to do it so I didn't have to call back, she refused and said that I should get the OTA update.

Wizard

Agreed.  Even if things are random, isn't it weird that not a single EB13 user on this forum seems to have received the update yet?  I also agree that Sprint should be able to provide us an update that doesn't require wiping our phones.  However, I'd also like some more timely information about what's going on -- like being told there are delays or things are taking longer than expected *before* it becomes obvious.  The rollout was supposed to end on the 24th, but on the 25th we didn't have updates.  Mid-day, we get some info about it taking longer than expected.  The hope is to have it done by the 25th (in one day).  Now it's the 26th, and I've still got nothing.  I expect that later today we'll get some more news about what's causing the delays, but wouldn't it have been better to know that last night?  Every morning, when I wake up and check my phone only to find that there's no update, I'm upset -- partly because it's not there, and partly because it's been delayed again and I don't know why.  Please, Sprint, get this update out to us already!

Journeyman

I'm definitely not going to get upset about it. If I had ignored the update like I told myself I was going to do I would care less. My phone works great right now with EB13 after I did a hard reset. I'm really not looking forward to wiping it out again after the next update. It is amazing to read the messages from Sprint announcing updates and telling everyone that they will have the update by a certain time and then nothing happens. I can't imagine what the work environment has been like at Sprint the past week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DAVIDTP38 wrote:

I'm definitely not going to get upset about it. If I had ignored the update like I told myself I was going to do I would care less. My phone works great right now with EB13 after I did a hard reset. I'm really not looking forward to wiping it out again after the next update. It is amazing to read the messages from Sprint announcing updates and telling everyone that they will have the update by a certain time and then nothing happens. I can't imagine what the work environment has been like at Sprint the past week.

That's why it's a good idea to back up everything before changing any update. This will save you time and frustration.

**Just a suggestion**

Journeyman

Hi Tom,

I still haven't received the EC05 update on my Epic 4g. Any suggestions?? Thanks, Larry Phipps

Journeyman

I have had EB13 myself since Feb 21st, use the "Gingerbread Launcher" for the 3D App Drawer and everything on the whole phone works great. Few failed texts here & there or takes 5-10 seconds for a phone call to start dialing but no phone Smartphone is gonna be perfect. To the folks complaining about the text colors, calender syncing, losing everything after update,etc, You folks  just need to learn your phone a little better...It's called Google. Use it, search and fix it. Sprint & Samsung can't customize your phone but I am with you on this, no problems here with EB13 David.

Journeyman

And the Sprint ID packs are just plain silly. They should just focus on the next Android OS and fixing bugs people have on their phones.

Master

JUSTINIAN0509 wrote:

And the Sprint ID packs are just plain silly. They should just focus on the next Android OS and fixing bugs people have on their phones.

The Sprint ID packs are not developed by Sprint directly. They are developed and submitted by another company for Sprint customers to utilize. For example, the MTV, HSN, etc. ID packs are developed by those respective companies. Only the "Clean" and "Sprint" ID packs are done directly by Sprint.

Journeyman

as of today, March 26th at 9:45pm MST, i have not received the update on my Epic 4g. The phone options show no update available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat