cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Journeyman

i finally got update last night the only changes i have noticed is my battery runs hot when charging and will not charge fully

Journeyman

actually, i noticed that too this morning.  Charging indicator light was blue and the "Please remove phone from charger" message was on the screen.  Pulled it off the charger and the battery indicator showed the battery at 96%.  Normally it is at 99% when I take it off in the mornings.

Journeyman

so i've had a good 24 hrs or more to play with the ec05 upgrade... well ill tell you one thing my battery runs down twice as fast... definte a negative... especially since the times i was doing the playing around it was on the charger...  i used to charge it before i went to bed and the battery was still full in the morning when i awoke.. now the battery is half dead in less than 8hrs of standby time.. the delays in the changes between screens is unexceptable... the battery is constantly hot.. which scares me a little..my scree also dims and brightens while playing games... thats very annoying.... id just like to know why the guys who root the phones can get them to run better than the manufactures..  i had a moment before the epic and i rooted it via sdx-developers and man it was an awesome device once rooted... i just thought that since this time i payed for a high end device that id be able to avoid the root process.. seems like sprint is more worried about putting stuff on our phones we dont want or need than pleasing the customers.. why cloud phones with apps no one uses anyways.. if we wanted them we could just down load them from the market.. i mean did i not pay for this device to own it to do what i want with...

Journeyman

Welll I have EB13 and I got the 2.2 from samsung, and I have not gotton the update, i tried to update the firmware but I got an error, could you please tell me why the update have reached my phone yet? Thanks!

Journeyman

I am also on EB13 and still haven't gotten the latest update. I got a message several days ago that it was coming, but haven't seen anything since. I've tried to check for a firmware update, tried rebooting it and downloading an app from the market without luck. This is just getting annoying since there are many issues with EB13 that I've been dealing with.

Journeyman

Try to download one of those free programs just to test and see if it will trigger an update. Please let us know.

Journeyman

I've tried that. It finds updates for already installed apps, but nothing else.

Journeyman

Just download something (even if you don't need) for the heck of it. I heard it triggers an update. Just wanna know if it will work for you too.

Journeyman

Re: Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

I downloaded and installed KakaoTalk (whatever that is) and it detected updates for Advanced Task Killer, Slot Machine + and Alchemy, but nothing else.

Journeyman

Re: Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

If it pops up let us know. But honestly, if your phone is working fine without the EC05 update you should be ok without it. There's not much difference between the two modem versions, anyways.

Journeyman

What do you know, it's installing lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

the5147 wrote:

What do you know, it's installing lol

I'm glad it worked for you. Hope the others get it the same way you did 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat