cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will I get EC05 on my Epic with EB13?

I updated my Epic to 2.2 manually using the samsung website. The update didn't include Sprint ID... Will I still get Sprint ID. The Baseband I have is S:D700.0.5S.EB13

I got it from http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/263401#263401 . Now will I still get the over the air update (EC05) ?

95 REPLIES 95
Highlighted
Journeyman

There was a lil difference in the menus, for example, Sound and Display settings are seperate categories now versus being a combined category prior.  That's the only change that I can truly remember.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tom,

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Please don't play dumb with people...you know as well as anyone who has been blogging about the Epic 4g from Its release date Aug 31, 2010 until now that...Sprint told all of us that there would be an update to froyo within 2 weeks of the release date.  That never happened and all along we were lied to about new release dates. Just like a carrot in front of a donkey.

And now you say you looked on Samsung’s website to see about the EB13 download...really...you know that update came out Feb 21, 2011 and was pulled a few days later because of all the bugs.  I think I remember BEFORE the EB13 release Sprint saying that they would not release any update until it went through extensive testing....foot in your mouth.  SPRINT jacked our phones up with EB13 and then act like we are the idiots here and don’t know how to use a phone or how we updated our phones.  Tom if you want some respect on this blog don't lie by playing dumb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As with everyone else who updated back in Feb. through the original Froyo update Sprint rolled out, I have not received the new Update with Sprint ID either.  I even got their text with the ad saying that the update was coming this week with all the great new features of Sprint ID! ...

I have tried using the "Update Firmware" but it finds no update, tried using "Update Android" and it finds nothing.  Even restarting the phone and pulling the battery brought no prompt either. I've tried downloading or updating an item from the marketplace as some others have suggested and it has brought up no prompt for my phone with EB13 to upgrade.  It's becoming frustrating hearing everyone's thoughts about what might be happening or what might be wrong without official word from Sprint.  I just want what they broke to be fixed, is that so wrong?

really debating about switching to the EVO or a Windows phone...

Highlighted

Just curious as to what everyone that says there phone is messed up on EB13 thinks EC05 will fix? Other than the camera bug and the initial installation issue being fixed (and the addition of Sprint ID) EC05 and EB13 are pretty much the same thing. The things that caused Sprint to pull the update in the first place were the problems with accessing the sd card after the update (which could be fixed by clearing data.)

I never had any problems with EB13 other than the initial installation and EC05 doesn't seem to run any different. Before anyone asks...I went back to DI18 and got the EC05 update that way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did not have issues until a few days later with my EB13. I had camera problems, now I hardly ever get service indoors. And almost every app forecloses. The Internet I cant go on and then get off for a few hours and then go back on or it totally freezes up my phone. So once I am about to leave the net I have to clear everything and go to like a Google page or something. Plus it is super slower then it was before even though I have deleted many apps trying to make it more speedier. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm hoping it fixes the Data connectivity issues that EB13 created on my phone.  Sucks when I end up not receiving important texts till hours later or getting 5 in a row because the phone just picked them all up at once.  My time without signal is really high as well, 46% of the time with no signal.  Didn't have these issues before EB13.

Highlighted

I doubt the update will fix any of that...sounds like you need to do a factory reset and start over. If there is a configuration problem or an app causing problems, performing the update won't fix that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yep, still no update, still stuck on the crappy eb13, come on sprint

Highlighted

The time without signal bug has been present in ALL versions of the software released for the phone...and still is in EC05. It is nothing more than a reporting error though, your phone really isn't without a signal. Another site has a long description of the bug and how it happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The time without a signal refers to your data which won't use signal unless your using it for something... talked to sprint csm and was told eb13 users should receive upgrade today just b patient

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just went to the retail store in Sprint Campus in Overland Park, KS and here is what I was told:

1) There was a problem with the release on 3/21/11 and a new release came out this morning on 3/25 and being sent OTA.

2) Retail store did not have a copy of this monring's release so they could not update my phone in the store.

3) I told him that I had EB13 and he said wait for the update OTA

I guess, all we can do is wait for the release OTA.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I do like my wife's Samsung Epic, Samsung is pretty crappy about releasing android os updates in a timely fashion. With all the drama surrounding 2.2 on the Epic, you can bet your piggy bank that 2.3 or 2.4 will never see the light of day on the Epic.  I'm rocking the HTC EVO and I have to say I am pleased so far with HTC's release schedule although I am starting to wonder where is 2.3.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat