cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 for epic 4g

Highlighted
Journeyman

android 2.2 for epic 4g

i paid good money for the epic 4g.  your going to tell me that your still working on the update. the evo came with android 2.1 and now it is being sold with android 2.2. that is so sad that your willing to sell new phones with the latest software but you wont work faster on other phones that can handle the update.  and now i heard some phone are getting android 2.3 and it is being worked on before i can even get 2.2. i think 2.2 should be skipped and just give me android 2.3 before the end of the year. this is bull crap. what am i paying extra for if im not getting the latest software. why should i have to pay the same amount the evo users do if they have an upgrade os system and i dont. i really just want to take my phone back and go to verizon because they seem to be getting all of the upgrades that are schedualed.  sprint is basically stealing my money. dont get me wrong i love the phone but not the service.

Message was edited by: PETERJUS1

Message was edited by: PETERJUS1

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 for epic 4g

Your're posting on the wrong website, try samsung forums. Updates are handled by the manufacturer of the phone then are sent to the carrier when completed.

Message was edited by: DU4NEED1GER

Journeyman

I tried the Samsung website, they say it is a Sprint issue! So how long are Sprint and Samsung going to keep passing the BUCK?

Wizard

From what I've read, yes, updates are created by Samsung.  However, Sprint has to do quality assessment/testing on them and give their approval for a release.  It appears to me that if Samsung is creating updates -- and they are, builds have been leaked -- and we're not getting them, then Sprint is not approving the updates for some reason.  I'd like some clear information, from Sprint or Samsung or both, as to what exactly is causing these delays -- who's holding up the Froyo update release and why.  As noted, they need to stop passing the buck back and forth -- someone should stand up and tell us, their customers, what's going on and why.

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't CARE that the "smartphone" that they SOLD called the EPIC doesn't have 2.2.  We have been promised 2.2 since the phone came out in SEPTEMBER.  They have sold the phone and can spin stories about lack of updates on the manufacturer.  Our real loss was to buy the Epic from Sprint.  Sad, Sad, Sad.  I so wish that I would not have spent the extra several hundred dollars more for a 8 track tape player called EPIC.  It is behind all the other "SmartPhones" in technology and we will probably never see the update, let alone Gingerbread.  I know that my only choices at the time with Sprint for an Android Phone were the EVO and the EPIC.  I feel like the V-8 commercial.  I should have gotten an EVO.

Journeyman

RWANDER4 wrote:

Sprint doesn't CARE that the "smartphone" that they SOLD called the EPIC doesn't have 2.2.  We have been promised 2.2 since the phone came out in SEPTEMBER.  They have sold the phone and can spin stories about lack of updates on the manufacturer.  Our real loss was to buy the Epic from Sprint.  Sad, Sad, Sad.  I so wish that I would not have spent the extra several hundred dollars more for a 8 track tape player called EPIC.  It is behind all the other "SmartPhones" in technology and we will probably never see the update, let alone Gingerbread.  I know that my only choices at the time with Sprint for an Android Phone were the EVO and the EPIC.  I feel like the V-8 commercial.  I should have gotten an EVO.

I love posts like these.  Until Samsung states they are not bring 2.2 to our devices they have YET to break the "promise".  They have now until the end of the world.  Relax, and it'll come out.  This is the exact same thing MyTouch users were crying about 2.2 update.  The Droid X people complaining about 2.2, and so forth and so on...  Things take time, and if you didn't want to wait then why buy a device that doesn't have what you want right then?

Journeyman

Never mind, not worth getting into a flamewar...

Message was edited by: TONYTHESHOES1

Journeyman

That's ok. This is the place where people exchange ideas and opinions (some maybe harsh/offensive) but we have to take them as such.

Some posts from other threads claim that the non-Sprint update has been out and they have been using without any problems. Does anyone want to give it a shot and let us know?

Journeyman

ok robbie...where do we get the updatem

Journeyman

DK28 may be stable, but it's far from finished.  Reading up on XDA, and testing it myself(stock) there's some features that are missing, some are a little buggy, and some of the bugs that are present that a lot of people are complaining about are still present.  Even in the "cooked" roms are still there.  A lot of people complained about these things, and said they wanted 2.2 believing it would fix the problem...

Journeyman

hi, i just read your comment, and needless to say, im so upset with sprint. i have been a customer for 21yrs, and i had no idea the 2.2 OS was in the new epics, let alone a 2.3??!!

Ive done line by line comparisons as far as plans go, and no one can touch sprint as far as bang for your buck, and for the most part, customer service has been good.

But, this is extremely upsetting. i intend to find out whats going on, in person, at the store i frequent, where i know the service techs and the manager, if they cant help me, i want a new phone.

let me just ask you one thing so im cleaR. Sprint is selling the new samsung epic 4g with the android 2.2? or 2.3? or is Verison? one bit of advise for you...if your on a family plan and use alot of data, your going to spend alot of money with verison. their family stuff only gives you 5 mobile to mobile free, but it is shared with all the users on your plan. if its just you, you have unlimited calls to 5 mobile friends, 2 people on your plan, you divide, 5 people, maybe youre fair and everyone gets one each. you have to pay for anything else. theres no unlimited data and text and such...at least at sprints price. added lines are costly, and the 2nd line isnt free,

so, think about it before you jump. I have found that if i dont get the answers or service i like, i keep calling until i do. be consistant.

i really appreciate your info though. its people liike you that help me, stay connected and dont get taken advantage of. i thank you.

have a WONDERFUL NEW YEAR

marnz

Journeyman

I don't think any of the Epics come with 2.2 or higher. They're all still at 2.1.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat