cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 update

-First off 2.2 or gingerb read i dont care I just want flash enabled. Then I can say to all the htc evo people that think their phones better cause their camera is better. I say hey can your ps3 download all the music/movies/ pictures you have on your phone through mid air? no? well then nananana boo boo stick your head in doo doo.......lol. Ive always ordered phones tested em out and sent them back demanding a better phone cause they never measure up to the hype........ and finally FINALLY a phone I absolutely love!!!! If you dont do that and just had to "settle" or were too cheap to buy happiness, lol...... well you dont know what your missing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the epic should have had an hdmi output also. Yes I do love my camera but the ps3 download thing meh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung tap has 2.2 and flash and why us the EPIC owner dont have 2,2 till now ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That makes perfect sense to me.  If it gets done right, I would rather wait a little bit longer.  Its too bad the phone that is supposed to be the Ferrrari of them all isnt higher up on their priority list though!  You would think for the price point that it would get the 1st class treatment.  But I agree with you in principle!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am a very patient person... to a point

My patience is GONE--I paid a premium for this phone AND pay monthly premium for 4G service which works less half the time. There's no point in calling customer service and fussing because there's nothing they can do--what are they going to tell me? They don't have access to the network and can't see what is going on. I know multiple people--including 2 coworkers--whom have the HTC Evo so they already have Android 2.2--their 4G is rock solid and they get BLAZING fast dl speeds in the 4-6Mbps range while I have newer phone which doesn't have 2.2 and my 4G is terrible...I could have stayed with ATT and gotten an iPhone, at least then I would have known I was getting a piece of junk on an inferior network...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Max I couldn't agree with you more. I will never purchase another samsung phone again. This is ridiculous and unacceptable, but samsung doesn't care.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Once I was able to upgrade my Moment from 1.6 - 2.1 the 3G was FAST and very reliable--too bad I dropped it in a parking lot and shattered the screen which is why I plunked down the extra cash to upgrade to the Epic...I should have paid the $100 deductible and let the warranty company ship me a refurbished phone...I would have saved myself the money AND the frustration...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 updateabdroid

The moment all over again. This is a big wake up call for people looking to buy samsung android phones. Htc works better with android.

Journeyman

The moment all over again. This is a big wake up call for people looking to buy samsung android phones. Htc works better with android.

On what are you basing this? You can't compare the Moment's 800Mhz CPU with the 1G CPUs of the Epic and the Evo--you're comparing apples to oranges then saying one is inferior to another, that doesn't work. You also can't compare the Evo with the Epic as the platforms don't match up--in order to make a fair comparison both phones would have to be running the same OS, either Eclair or Froyo.

I bought my Epic because it had a qwerty keyboard expecting to be able to update to Froyo very quickly--that didn't happen and I'm not at all happy because my 4G service works less than half the time and I firmly believe 2.2 would fix my 4G connectivity problems. I should not have to wait until next year for a resolution to the problem I'm having now...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Said my piece here.

This is not a Samsung issue, this is a Sprint issue plain and simple. Android 2.2 is already available for the Galaxy S series of phones (or which the Epic is but one variant) and has been rolling out in Northern Europe and the UK since early October. But Sprint won't allow you to use Kies, if they did you could have upgraded to 2.2 already.

Shame on you Sprint, this is the worst bit of customer non-service I've experienced in years. Why (exactly) should i remain a Sprint client? I already walked away from AT&T, and there are other carriers out there loooking form my business.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Basing it on the fact that anything samsung I had didnt work right and broke and felt cheap yes I have handled the phone CHEAP samsung sucks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to let Sprint know that build DK17 of 2.2 bundled with the DK17 modem is much better than DI18. Especially 4G signal and bettery drain.

Yeah, that was a pot-shot at Sprint and Samsung. I'm running DK17 on my Epic. So hey, now that I just stated that the build of froyo for the Sprint Epic will be DK17 or possibly DLxx and I'm actually running it, all the non-technical people on here now know that there ARE actually signed ROMs of 2.2 for the Epic in Sprint or Samsung's hands. They simply won't release it.

So just to re-iterate, Build DK17 of Android for the Epic is 2.2 and Sprint has it because it comes with all Sprint customizations as well as updated Sprint apps. this isn't to say there won't be a newer build, but this version works about as well as a polished release-worthy ROM can work. Then again, DJ29 and DK05 worked pretty well too. Probably an intentional leak, but now everyone knows that it's out there, Sprint just won't give it to you.

It just goes to say that if carriers won't release updates in a timely fashion, the community will release it for them in an embarassing manner. Like this.

Edit: actually, it's Android 2.2.1

Message was edited by: MUTINY32

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat