cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Re: android 2.2 updateabdroid

DEVI0124 wrote:

So Sprint is the only US carrier of Galaxy S phones still on 2.1?

No U.S. carrier has a Galaxy S device with Android 2.2 on it.

Here are the other Galaxy S devices in the U.S. and their carriers:

Samsung Fascinate - Verizon

Samsung Continuum - Verizon

Samsung Vibrant - T-Mobile

Samsung Captivate - AT&T

Samsung Epic 4G - Sprint

Samsung Showcase - Cellular South

Samsung Mesmerize - US Cellular

All of these are still running Android 2.1

Journeyman

Exactly... So unless there is some conspiracy Im pretty sure sprint has nothing to do with it

Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 update

will the 2.2 update have spellcheck in it...... i use to have a blackberry and got use to having it..... 

Journeyman

Re: android 2.2 update

will the 2.2 update have spellcheck in it...... i use to have a blackberry and got use to having it..... 

Journeyman

will se how the Epic works with 2.2, So far im doing fine with my EVO, Wich i own the EVO , the EPIC and the PALM PRE, Then i will compare both and see how they work  on 2.2 froyo

Highlighted
Journeyman

My guess is as new android devices continue to come along with 2.2 already installed, this device will be slipped to the back burner and not see an update at all.......... Case in point:

I received my email from sprint, the "Were not happy till your happy" checkup email... Well, just try to find the EPIC listed on those web pages that come up. NOT THERE............ Try to update from the My account page or even look for an update from the link "check for updates" , NOT THERE.... the only way it shows if if you go to supprt for devices then choose Samsung....

For what is called a "Flagship" Device, the EVO gets more attention. Perhaps I chose the wrong device.

Journeyman

More news on the update front:

http://www.gaj-it.com/28074/android-2-2-froyo-on-t-mobile-samsung-galaxy-s-incoming/

Android 2.2 Froyo On T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Incoming

All you patient T-Mobile using Samsung Galaxy S owners are about to finally get what you’ve been waiting for, as Android 2.2 Froyo will be available on devices starting tomorrow.

Word on the T-Mobile support forums is that the update is in fact becoming available on devices right now OTA, but it has been adviced that if you have not been able to get the update OTA then you should attempt to download Android 2.2 via Samsung KIES.

The official word from T-Mobile support read; “The aim was and still is to have the FOTA update available at some point today. If for reasons outwith our control we are unable to have a FOTA update process fully functioning by close of play today, then we will make the update available for download via Samsung KIES tomorrow (Dec 1st)”

If you are a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S user, let us know if you’ve downloaded the latest Google OS already and how it’s running. We know from the comments in the last mention of the Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2 update arriving on some networks that many were displeased with what they got

Journeyman

That link came via ElectricPig which is from the UK so do not believe it applies to T-mobile in the states....

Journeyman

And it was originally posted on November 5th...

Message was edited by: DEVI0124 NM I see the update from today... It is in the UK though and thats not really any new news.

Journeyman

I realized a short time after posting it was for the UK, and too bad too!  I think the article frosts me more now than ever.  One day our third world country, the United States, will receive the Galaxy S Froyo update.  There are only millions of those phones deployed here.  Enough already.  I hope they understand just how mad people are starting to become.