cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

android 2.2 update

has any one been able to either get adobe flash or , android update 2.2 instead of waiting for samsung.

623 REPLIES 623
Highlighted
Journeyman

gasspul62,

Did you update OTA or by downloading the ROM from the site listed earlier in the discussion?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was your update OTA or manual?

Highlighted
Journeyman

*#1472365# no longer accesses the GPS settings on my Phone and GPS absolutely will not lock.  the GPS app I run cant find a satellite, either, it's as though my GPS function no longer exists.  Tried the factory reset but that didn't work.  I'm taking the phone to a sprint repair store tomorrow to return it to 2.1 and am going to await the official sprint push.  I will say I love the froyo interface, though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i used the xda website not ota

my version is common with others that are having the same issue

d700.0.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please Prove Me Wrong..to my knowledge one person at XDA yesterday a guy in Kansas Mo. recieved a OTA on his .4 version Epic phone that started this whole frenzy...since then zero people have received a OTA and ALL updates have been done manually..if ANYBODY recieved a OTA please say where they live Im in a 4g area and have heard nothing from sprint.....sprint and samsung have yet to make a official announcment of its OTA release fyi

Highlighted
Journeyman

i did not use ota and i also have hardware version .5 and no issues gps works great i guess i just got lucky

Highlighted
Journeyman

do you know what ota stands for? over the air unless i am mistaken i am talking out my ....? has nothing to do with it being the official update or not. I updated my girlfriend's motorola cliq to 2.1 from the rom downloaded on the motorola website before it was avaliable via ota! it was official as official can be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For whatever this is worth in regard to the GPS issue,  To work around the existing 2.1 GPS issue, I use GPS Status, from the Market, to force a download of GPS assistance data to speed up the GPS lock (I also have to be outdoors).  If Samsung hasn't fixed the GPS problem, which appears to be a software issue, then you would still be suffering from the original issue.

On 2.1, the Samsung GPS utility doesn't seem to work 100%, at least not for me.  The basic controls work, but the advance features, like automatically downloading GPS assistance data, either don't appear to work nor do they appear to help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I know what OTA means,  and simply put has ANYBODY at all had it delivered to them from sprint besides one guy to there phone, Im waiting for that because itll be load reboot, thats all... yes agree seems to be official and that the latest leak came from a .4 developer phone facts are facts, very happy for all who are doing it manually and having zero problems and feels for all those with problems after download..peace out...just want to know where if anybody is getting it sent to their phone alla OTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the manual download and install.  Was mine a fluke?  I have never had GPS to place my location at my home address...but after the update it nailed my home address (location).  On the road I didn't need it to be exact it was always in the vicinity.

I also like the new Facebook app look on Froyo.

I downloaded from: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_d700/1506bdf2e04b.update-SPH-D700_DI18ToDK28.zip

Message was edited by: gaaspul62

Highlighted
Journeyman

The  latest update code name "Froyo" (2.2.1) fixed the broken VPN on the EPIC as well. The latest update fixes SO MANY additional issues.  1) Battery life is dramatically better (2x improvement for me), 2) Skype now works. 3) Wifi bugs have  been fixed (ie: using WIFI does not kill battery, especially in  airplane mode). 4)You can now edit the bottom tray and reorganize the  all-applications view, 6) Major UI enhancements, like the text selector for highlighting and selecting text, 7)... too many improvements to bother listing.  This release clearly should have been with the phone upon introduction,  and I'm certain "Eclair" (2.1) was used to get the product out early,  and with guaranteed protest by some Sprint engineers.

This is a major release folks - a must-have for anyone using the Epic.

Oh - did not get it OTA either... Why bother.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm kinda a noob at this... how do you install the manual update on your phone?

Thanks!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat