cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 2.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

android 2.2 update

has any one been able to either get adobe flash or , android update 2.2 instead of waiting for samsung.

623 REPLIES 623
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no 2.2 update, and in 10 days Gingerbread will be on the market!

Release from Google today:

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2010/12/introducing-nexus-s-with-gingerbread.html?utm_source=feedbu...

GIVE US 2.2!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated to the DK28 froyo build, however, I have reason to believe this is not the final sprint build. So I will be flashing back to 2.1 until the Sprint OTA update is available which should be very soon! I only had a couple issues with DK28 and these should be resolved when the official build is released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info.  Where can I find the .zip file DK28?  I can't find this download anywhere, and Sprint is no help.

emperorsonny

Highlighted
Journeyman

What issues did you have with DK28?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly I would just wait if I were you, yea DK28 runs Great! But the official Sprint OTA update will be here very shortly. But if you still want to update, do a google search or search android samsung epic forums. Pretty easy, there will be step-by-step instructions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dcraig723:  What is the easiest way to flash back to stock 2.1, is there a way to do it without using Odin? Is there another .zip file that can be run to restore it back to stock 2.1?  Does anyone know if I keep this 2.2 version of Froyo and an official OTA update comes from Sprint will I receive it or do I have to flash back to stock 2.1 first?    Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

If we are on the DK28 and the official Sprint OTA comes out, do we upgrade using that one or go back to 2.1 and then use the Sprint release?

Highlighted
Journeyman

exactly 2.3 is out and we are just getting 2.2 nice sprint. I am running 2.2 DK28 without any issues and i have the  .5 hardware version. GPS works Facebook works everything is great and is alot faster and better battery life. I seriously doubt sprint will release the OTA update anytime soon but I hope I am wrong. So if your counting on sprint then I wish you gods speed because you are going to be unhappy on the outcome. oh I did the download the zip file and booted in maintanence mode or whatever and did a reboot once after it loaded. Not one issue. one more thing I was running a stock epic before the upgrade. DI18 2.1 and it sucked almost returned the phone for an EVO but love the keyboard too much. never rooted or modified.

Message was edited by: SCORPIORC10

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow...this is just a royal mess!!! My phone is still on Eclair.DG17. I noticed that this 2.2 update needs dg18....how do Iget dg18?? I tried updating firmware and android...both say no updates are available. How do I make sure my phone is ready to accept updates?? I tried usingthe 2.2 update (.zip..and the odin tar)...neither worked and installation is always aborted. I just want to the simple dg18 update...then Ill worry about 2.2...any help wouldbe greatly appreciated

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea i have all the same questions you do! I tried the odin flash but maybe I didnt do it right? Please let me know if you find aything!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you ever received ANY over the air (OTA) updates?  Try going into the Market icon, then selecting the menu button and go into Downloads.  This is what I have found can help kickstart OTA updates.  You can also find more information about them here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/android_phones/epic/b...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat